Crossword clues for cruger
Housing Units (2000): 177
Land area (2000): 0.970830 sq. miles (2.514438 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.970830 sq. miles (2.514438 sq. km)
FIPS code: 16980
Located within: Mississippi (MS), FIPS 28
Location: 33.320770 N, 90.234919 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 38924
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Crüger is a lunar crater that is located in the western part of the Moon, to the northeast of the much larger walled plain Darwin.
The most distinctive feature about this crater is very dark interior floor that is one of the lowest albedo features on the Moon. The surface has been covered in basaltic lava and has only been exposed to a minimal amount of deposition from impact ejecta. The floor is nearly featureless, with only a tiny craterlet near the center and few other even more diminutive impacts. The outer rim is low and nearly circular, and has not been significantly reshaped by impacts.
Cruger may refer to:
- Cruger (surname)
- Crüger (crater), a lunar crater
- Cruger, Illinois, an unincorporated community
- Cruger, Mississippi, United States
Cruger or Crüger is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Henry Cruger (1739–1827), American and British politician
- Johann Crüger (1598–1662), German composer
- John Cruger (1678–1744), mayor of New York City, 1739-1744
- John Cruger, Jr. (1710–1791), mayor of New York, 1757-1766
- Peter Crüger (1580-1639), mathematician, astronomer and polymath
Usage examples of "cruger".
When Alexander became an orphan at twelve or thirteen, Cruger took the boy in.
Tell General Cruger to get his marines across those borders and take their objectives.