Crossword clues for coxa
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Coxa \Cox"a\ (k?ks"?), n. [L., the hip.] (Zo["o]l.) The first joint of the leg of an insect or crustacean. [1913 Webster] ||
n. (context anatomy English) The basal segment of a limb of various arthropods (insects and spiders, for example).
Coxa may refer to:
- Nickname of Brazilian association football team Coritiba Foot Ball Club
- Theta Leonis, a star
- Hip, below the lateral side of the abdomen
- Arthropod coxa, the short most-proximal base jointed segment of the arthropod leg
- An orthopaedic hospital in Tampere
- Both meanings come from Latin coxa = "hip"
Usage examples of "coxa".
He had proceeded to beat Bissonette with the bat all across his body, fracturing bones in both his arms, his fibula, his patella, his coxae, five ribs, and his skull, leaving a five-inch dent in the side of his head.