The Collaborative International Dictionary
Collop \Col"lop\, n. [Of uncertain origin; cf. OF. colp blow, stroke, piece, F. coup, fr. L. colophus buffet, cuff, Gr. ?]
A small slice of meat; a piece of flesh.
God knows thou art a collop of my flesh.
Sweetbread and collops were with skewers pricked.
A part or piece of anything; a portion.
Cut two good collops out of the crown land.
n. (alternative form of collop English)
Housing Units (2000): 112
Land area (2000): 0.142093 sq. miles (0.368019 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.142093 sq. miles (0.368019 sq. km)
FIPS code: 15807
Located within: Illinois (IL), FIPS 17
Location: 37.805768 N, 89.079058 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Colp or COLP may refer to:
- Colp, Illinois
- A colposcopy, a medical procedure to analyze the cervix.
- A small village south of Drogheda, Ireland.
- Certified Ornamental Landscape Professional, a professional certification by the Professional Landcare Network
- Connected Line identification Presentation, an ISDN service which shows the connected number to the caller.
- Compliance Officers for Legal Practice, as defined by the Solicitors Regulation Authority