Crossword clues for clu
- U.S. rights org
- Insurance pro's title: Abbr
- Actor Gulager whose name sounds like a crossword hint
- Actor Gulager of TV westerns
- Actor Gallagher
- Underwriters acronym
- Insurer's designation (abbr.)
- Insurance pro's designation: Abbr
- Insurance broker's title
- Ins.-industry designation
- Ins. underwriter's credential
- Impediment to walking down a hallway
- Gulager of old TV and film
- Gulager of ''The Virginian''
- Actor Gulager of "McQ"
- 'McQ' actor Gulager
- Gulager of "The Virginian"
- Actor Gulager of "The Virginian"
- Gulager of TV's "The Virginian"
- Billy the Kid portrayer Gulager
- Gulager of "McQ," 1974
- Gulager of "The Return of the Living Dead"
- Actor Gulager of old TV
- Gulager of "The Last Picture Show"
- Actor Gulager of "The Tall Man"
- Gulager of "McQ"
- TV's ___ Gulager
- TV actor Gulager
- U.S. rights org.
- Rights org
- Oater actor Gulager
n. (context computer English) a computer language developed between 1974-1975 that used abstract data types.
CLU is a pioneering programming language created at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) by Barbara Liskov and her students between 1974 and 1975. While it did not find extensive use, it introduced many features that are used widely now, and is seen as a step in the development of object-oriented programming (OOP). However, it is not object-oriented, instead being considered an object-based language, as it lacked many features of OOP.
Key contributions include abstract data types, call-by-sharing, iterators, multiple return values (a form of parallel assignment), type-safe parameterized types, and type-safe variant types. It is also notable for its use of classes with constructors and methods, but without inheritance.
The term CLU can refer to:
- California Lutheran University
- Claremont Lincoln University
- Czech Lacrosse Union
- CLU (gene)
- CLU (programming language)
- Communion and Liberation University students
- Common Land Unit
- Chartered Life Underwriter, a financial professional designation
- CLU, a character from the Tron franchise, a sentient computer program played by Jeff Bridges. CLU stands for Codified Likeness Utility.
- Command Launch Unit for the FGM-148 Javelin
- Containerized Living Unit
Usage examples of "clu".
In desperation, Deacon Johnson selected a skinny bum named Clu, who was in a wheelchair.
The driver lifted Clu into the back seat of the limo and folded the wheelchair into the trunk.
When the driver opened the door, Clu tumbled facedown onto the pavement.