CIPA may stand for:
- China Investment Promotion Agency
- Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency
- Camera & Imaging Products Association, Japan-based organization
- Cornell Institute for Public Affairs, MPA program at Cornell University
- Children's Internet Protection Act, United States federal law
- Classified Information Procedures Act, United States federal law
- Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis, a rare neural disorder
- CIPA-TV, a television station in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, United Kingdom body of patent attorneys
- CIPA (organization), ICOMOS scientific committee for heritage documentation
- Center for International Political Analysis, research center at the University of Kansas
CIPA is one of the oldest International Scientific Committees of ICOMOS (the International Council on Monuments and Sites). CIPA was founded in 1968 jointly with ISPRS (International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing) to facilitate the transfer of technology from the measurement sciences into the heritage documentation and recording disciplines. CIPA originally stood for the Comité International de Photogrammétrie Architecturale. However this old but well known name no longer describes the full scope of CIPA activities, so CIPA Heritage Documentation was established.
CIPA Heritage Documentation is now an organization that endeavours to transfer technology from the measurement and visualisation sciences to the disciplines of cultural heritage recording, conservation and documentation. CIPA acts as a bridge between the producers of heritage documentation, and the users of this information.
CIPA’s mission is to encourage the development of principles and practices for the recording,documentation and information management for all aspects of cultural heritage; and to support and encourage the development of specialized tools and techniques in support of these activities.