The International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals (ICTFF); French: Comité International des Festivals du Film Touristique (CIFFT), was founded in 1989 by privately owned Vienna-based agency Filmservice International.
The main office of the general secretary is located in Vienna, Austria. Current director is Austrian businessman Alexander V. Kammel also acting as Festival Director of the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards and lots of other festivals. He took over the position from former Director, Rudolf Kammel. Since 2010 Lee W. Gluckman, Jr. (Director of the Mobius Awards and Chairman to the US International Film & Video Festival) has been the President of CIFFT. Former Presidents were from 1989 to 2003 Antonio Conte, President and Founder of the International Tourfilm Festival Montecatini Terme, and from 2003 to 2010 Dr. Josef Schütz, Director of Tourfilm Karlovy Vary.
The aim was to create a common platform for exchanging ideas and coordinating festival dates. ICTFF is a consortium of currently 16 film festivals including the most important tourism film festivals at the time of its establishment:
- Prix ITB. (Berlin, Germany)
- International Tourfilm Festival Montecatini Terme (Italy)
- Festival der Festivals (Vienna, Austria)
- Deutschsprachige Wirtschaftsfilmtage (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
- International Film and TV festival of travel and tourist films (Porec, Yugoslavia)
- Tourfilm Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic)
- Tarbes FITCOM – Festival International de la Communication Touristique (Tarbes, France)
- Trouville FIFCT – Festival International du Film et du Clip Touristique (Trouville, France)
CIFFT is a unique platform with the principal objective to on one hand encourage global tourism via outstanding audiovisuals and on the other hand exchange experience and expertise in the field of tourism. Furthermore, it is about strengthening the consciousness of audio-visual artwork concerning tourism, in the international media and among tourism organizations. To achieve this, CIFFT is endorsed by UNWTO (World Tourism Organization), ETC (European Travel Commission), PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association), CATA (Central America Tourism Organization) and CTO (Caribbean Tourism Organization).