Chimimport AD is one of the largest Bulgarian holding companies. After the report of the Minister of Trade and Food Supplies dated 24 March 1947, the Council of Ministers on their meeting dated 4 April 1947 with Ordinance 7 – Protocol 50, it established the State Trade Company under the name of "Chimimport" with main activity import of chemical products. Until 1994 the company was only chemical trader, but it was bought by the TIM Group from bulgarian city of Varna and later in 1997 preregistered and used only as a holding company. The main scope of activities of Chimimport AD includes the acquisition of shares, the restructuring and management of subsidiaries belonging to the portfolio of companies, establishment of new subsidiaries companies, capital investments and financing other enterprises where "Chimimport" AD is a shareholder:
- Finance and insurance
- Pension insurance
- Production of oil and gas
- Production and trading with petroleum products
- Buying up, processing and trading with grain and oilseed oils
- Trading with chemicals and fertilizers
- Aviation transport ( Bulgaria air) and ground activities related to aircraft maintenance and repairs ( Lufthansa Technik Sofia, owned through its subsidiary Balkan Hemus Group.
- River transport
- Maritime transport
Since 2007 the company is listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange - Sofia and participates in the main Bulgarian index SOFIX.