Crossword clues for chiasm
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Chiasm \Chi"asm\ (k[imac]"[a^]z'm), ||Chiasma \Chi*as"ma\ (k[-i]*[a^]z"m[.a]), n. [NL. chiasma, fr. Gr. chi`asma two lines placed crosswise, fr. ? to mark with a [chi].] (Anat.) A commissure; an intersection or crossing of two tracts; especially, the optic commissure, or crucial union of the optic nerves. -- Chi*as"mal, a..
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
n. 1 (alternative form of chiasma English) 2 (alternative form of chiasmus English)
Chiasm may refer to:
- Chiasm (musical project), an electronic music project by Emileigh Rohn
- Optic chiasma, X-shaped structure produced by the crossing over of the optic nerve fibers. The prefix chiasm- means cross
- Chiasma (genetics), the point where two chromatids are intertwined (interwoven) in a cell
- A tendinous chiasm, the spot where two tendons cross. The tendon of the flexor digitorum longus muscle forms two: the crural chiasm (with the tendon of the tibialis posterior muscle) and the plantar chiasm (with the tendon of the flexor hallucis longus muscle).
- An instantiation of chiasmus
Usage examples of "chiasm".
Split-brain animal with the chiasm and corpus callosum cut is first trained with the left eve blindfolded.
The optic chiasm must be deteriorated, since a weak ipsilateral component .
The suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus, which is located right above your optic chiasm, serves as the reset button, as it were, of your sense of time—.
The suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus, which is located right above your optic chiasm, serves as the reset button, as it were, of your sense of timeso thats what I want to begin with.