CFSX is an AM radio station in Stephenville, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, broadcasting at 870 kHz. Originally launched as a repeater on November 13, 1964, it opened its own studios in 1970. The station is owned by Newcap Broadcasting.
In 1985, CFSX moved from 910 AM to its current frequency 870 AM.
CFSX operates as a daytime station, and serves as a nighttime repeater to CFCB in Corner Brook.
CFSX also operates repeat transmitters in two locations:
- CFGN 1230 AM in Port aux Basques (Originally a full-time repeater of CFCB)
- CFCV 97.7 FM in the Codroy Valley
From 1973 to the 1990s, CFGN/CFCV operated independently of CFSX and CFCB in the daytime, and served as CFCB's nighttime and weekend repeater until it became a daytime repeater of CFSX.
On April 2, 2001, the sale of Humber Valley Broadcasting Co. Ltd. to Newcap Inc. was approved. This included CFSX, as well as:
- CFCB Corner Brook and its transmitters;
- CFDL-FM Deer Lake
- CFNW Port-aux-Choix
- CFNN-FM St. Anthony
- CFGN Channel-Port-aux-Basques and its transmitter;
- CFCV-FM St. Andrew's and CFLN Goose Bay and its transmitters;
- CFLW Wabush and CFLC-FM Churchill Falls