Crossword clues for cass
- See 64-Down
- Mama of the Mamas and the Papas
- Famous Mama
- Buchanan's secretary of state
- Whom Taylor defeated for president in 1848
- See 13-Down
- Mama ___ Elliot
- Musical Mama
- ___ Gilbert, designer of the Supreme Court building
- Lewis ___, loser to Zachary Taylor in 1848
- Mama ___
- Lewis ___, presidential also-ran of 1848
- Big Mama
- Elliot of the Mamas and the Papas
- He ran against Taylor, 1848
- Singing Mama
- 1848 presidential candidate after whom eight U.S. counties are named
- Actress Peggy
- Game show panelist Peggy
- One of the Mamas and the Papas
- Mama ___ of the Mamas and the Papas
- Architect ___ Gilbert
- Sinclair Lewis's ___ Timberlane
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Cass \Cass\ (k[a^]s), v. t. [F. casser, LL. cassare, fr. L.
cassus empty, hollow, and perhaps influenced by L. quassare
to shake, shatter, v. intens. of quatere to shake. Cf.
Cashier, v. t., Quash, Cask.]
To render useless or void; to quash; to annul; to reject; to
send away. [Obs.]
--Sir W. Raleigh.
vb. (context obsolete transitive English) To render useless or void; to annul; to reject; to send away.
Housing Units (2000): 6590
Land area (2000): 564.328727 sq. miles (1461.604630 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.679775 sq. miles (1.760610 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 565.008502 sq. miles (1463.365240 sq. km)
Located within: Iowa (IA), FIPS 19
Location: 41.358575 N, 94.965991 W
Cass County, IA
Housing Units (2000): 5784
Land area (2000): 375.900754 sq. miles (973.578443 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 7.830552 sq. miles (20.281035 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 383.731306 sq. miles (993.859478 sq. km)
Located within: Illinois (IL), FIPS 17
Location: 39.975926 N, 90.269918 W
Cass County, IL
Housing Units (2000): 16620
Land area (2000): 412.868168 sq. miles (1069.323600 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 2.055343 sq. miles (5.323314 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 414.923511 sq. miles (1074.646914 sq. km)
Located within: Indiana (IN), FIPS 18
Location: 40.746875 N, 86.345234 W
Cass County, IN
Housing Units (2000): 23884
Land area (2000): 492.178715 sq. miles (1274.736966 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 16.285911 sq. miles (42.180313 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 508.464626 sq. miles (1316.917279 sq. km)
Located within: Michigan (MI), FIPS 26
Location: 41.921510 N, 86.022079 W
Cass County, MI
Housing Units (2000): 31677
Land area (2000): 698.990544 sq. miles (1810.377121 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 3.683292 sq. miles (9.539683 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 702.673836 sq. miles (1819.916804 sq. km)
Located within: Missouri (MO), FIPS 29
Location: 38.689373 N, 94.376663 W
Cass County, MO
Housing Units (2000): 21286
Land area (2000): 2017.596075 sq. miles (5225.549622 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 396.613764 sq. miles (1027.224890 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 2414.209839 sq. miles (6252.774512 sq. km)
Located within: Minnesota (MN), FIPS 27
Location: 46.897206 N, 94.373472 W
Cass County, MN
Housing Units (2000): 10179
Land area (2000): 559.184020 sq. miles (1448.279901 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 7.025843 sq. miles (18.196849 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 566.209863 sq. miles (1466.476750 sq. km)
Located within: Nebraska (NE), FIPS 31
Location: 40.936518 N, 96.093393 W
Cass County, NE
Housing Units (2000): 53790
Land area (2000): 1765.228881 sq. miles (4571.921620 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 2.678294 sq. miles (6.936749 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 1767.907175 sq. miles (4578.858369 sq. km)
Located within: North Dakota (ND), FIPS 38
Location: 46.899583 N, 97.084444 W
Cass County, ND
Housing Units (2000): 13890
Land area (2000): 937.352814 sq. miles (2427.732541 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 22.992951 sq. miles (59.551467 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 960.345765 sq. miles (2487.284008 sq. km)
Located within: Texas (TX), FIPS 48
Location: 33.077180 N, 94.323065 W
Cass County, TX
Cass may refer to:
Cass is a 2008 British crime drama film. It stars Nonso Anozie as Cass Pennant and is directed by Jon S. Baird.
Cass is a 1978 Australian TV movie about a woman returning home.
Cass is the surname of:
- Brian Cass (born 1947), business executive
- David Cass (1937–2008), American economist
- Dick Cass (born 1946), President of the National Football League's Baltimore Ravens
- Frederick Cass (1913–2000), Canadian politician
- George Washington Cass (1810–1888), American industrialist and president of the Northern Pacific Railway
- Godfrey Cass (1867–1951), Australian actor
- Henry Cass (1902–1989), English film director
- John Cass (1661–1718), English politician and philanthropist
- Lewis Cass (1782–1866), American Democratic presidential nominee in 1848, Secretary of State, Secretary of War, Michigan Governor
- Maurice Cass (1884–1954), character actor
- Melnea Cass (1896–1978), American community and civil rights activist
- Moss Cass (born 1927), Australian former politician
- Peggy Cass (1924–1999), American actress, comedian and game show panelist
- Robin Cass Canadian film and television producer
- Ronald Cass (1923–2004), screenwriter and composer
- Rodney Cass (born 1940), English former cricketer
- Thomas Cass (colonel) (1821–1862), Union colonel in the American Civil War
- Thomas Cass (surveyor) (1817–1895), pioneer surveyor in New Zealand
- Wilfred Cass (born 1924), businessman and co-founder of the Cass Sculpture Foundation
Cass is the given name of:
- Cass Ballenger (born 1926), U.S. Congressman, 1986-2005
- Cass Browne (born 1971), English rock drummer
- Cass Gilbert (1859–1934), American architect
- Cass McCombs (born 1977), American singer, songwriter and musician
- Cass Phang (born 1969), retired Cantopop singer from Hong Kong
- Cass Sunstein (born 1954), American legal scholar and professor
- title character of the Sinclair Lewis novel and film Cass Timberlane
- Cass Winthrop, fictional character in the soap opera Another World
Usage examples of "cass".
It came to him with the force of a revelation that Cass excelled in everything she did, and that had she not married him all these talents would have died aborning This aroused in him a fierce protectiveness towards her which he had not suspected he possessed.
David Axelrod, Cassandra Butts, Forrest Claypool, Julius Genachowski, Scott Gration, Robert Fisher, Michael Froman, Donald Gips, John Kupper, Anthony Lake, Susan Rice, Gene Sperling, Cass Sunstein, and Jim Wallis took the time to read the manuscript and provided me with invaluable suggestions.
With Humber and Jud Wilson away at the races, though, and with Cass gone home to his midday meal, I reckoned I could go into the office to search while the rest of the lads were eating.
Mickey, I thought, who belonged to Adams, but neither Adams nor Humber nor Cass had let Jerry know it.
At woe she became a kind of second mother to Sadie, and as Sadie w older, she often turned to her before me or Daniel for help and inion nation Cass was angtj she felt left out.
By the beginning of the 25th century the seat of the Confederation government had grown from a small city of 100,000 into a megalopolis of more than ten million people occupying the entire 1,200 square miles of what had been Cass County, North Dakota.
Cass began to follow as Sister Necht led the way towards the chambers of the abbot.
Cass inspected the dilated pupils of Karel Bayev, KGB Rezident in Vienna, as his plump, still fully-dressed form lolled in a deep armchair.
Look, Cass, I want you to find out everything you can about a Sacha Lorion, age twenty-one, born in Budapest.
Cass and Suz reported that a number must have been taken from E, as well.
The Baltimore convention passed a set of resolutions, among other things, approving these vetoes, and General Cass declares, in his letter accepting the nomination, that he has carefully read these resolutions, and that he adheres to them as firmly as he approves them cordially.
Sitting near him in the cafeteria was a Pipe-Rilla astronomer, about to leave Barchan en route to the Eta Cass ring system.
But the wail was a pretence, for Cass was coming to find that she enjoyed the brouhaha which surrounded her being Countess.
I had finished the report, he spent some time outlining and discussing the proceedings which were to be taken against Humber, Cass, and Jud Wilson, and also against Soupy Tarleton and his friend Lewis Greenfield.
Cass plus flower--and she could never hope to prevent the parts that lay outside her from entering superpositions of different classical outcomes, generating versions of her who witnessed different external events.