Crossword clues for casca
Casca or CASCA may refer to:
- Casca, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, a municipality
- Casca District, Peru
- Servilius Casca, one of the assassins of Julius Caesar
- Canadian Astronomical Society
- Casca (grape), another name for the wine grape Mourvèdre
- Casca (Rome character), a character in the HBO television series
- Casca (series), a series of paperback novels about an immortal soldier named Casca Rufio Longinius
- Casca, a character in the anime and manga series Berserk
Casca is a series of paperback novels, and since January 2014, ebooks as well, created and written by author Barry Sadler in 1979. The stories revolve around the life of Casca Rufio Longinus, the soldier in the Roman legions who drove the Holy Lance into the side of Jesus Christ on Golgotha, and (in the novels) who is doomed by Jesus to wander the Earth aimlessly, always as a soldier, until the Second Coming. The character is loosely based on the Longinus legend of Christianity.
Sadler wrote some of the early novels in the series while the others were assigned to ghostwriters. Two subsequent novels (Casca 23: The Liberator and Casca 24: The Defiant) were written by Paul Dengelegi. The current author, Tony Roberts, has written all the novels since 2006, excluding Casca 29: Immortal Dragon and Casca 33: The Outlaw, which were written by Michael B. Goodwin. In April 2013, "Casca 29: Immortal Dragon" was removed from the list of books on casca.net due to alleged plagiarism, and shortly afterwards his other novel in the series, Casca 33: The Outlaw, was removed for the same reason. There is another story, in the form of an unauthorized audiobook, Casca: The Outcast, which was written by Paul Dengelegi in 2004.