Crossword clues for caro
- One loved in 48-Down
- "Beloved," in operas
- Verdi's "___ nome"
- L.B.J. biographer Robert ___
- Dear one, Italian-style
- "___ nome," Verdi aria
- L.B.J. biographer
- Robert Moses biographer
- "___ nome" (Gilda's song)
- "___ nome," Verdi opera
- "Means of Ascent" author
- Biographer Robert
- "___ nome"
- Michigan town
- "___ nome," Gilda aria
- Dear, in Italy
- L.B.J. biographer Robert
- Abstract sculptor Sir Anthony
- Dear, in Tuscany
- Italian "dear"
- Beloved, in "Rigoletto"
- Dear one, in Italy
- "O mio babbino ___" (Puccini aria)
- Dear, to Dante
- Robert who wrote "The Power Broker"
- Dear, to Donizetti
- Italian term of endearment
- "The Power Broker" author Robert
- L.B.J. biographer Robert A. ___
- Italian sweetheart
- Recipient of a lettera amorosa
- Italian sweet?
Housing Units (2000): 1899
Land area (2000): 2.374063 sq. miles (6.148794 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.015324 sq. miles (0.039689 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 2.389387 sq. miles (6.188483 sq. km)
FIPS code: 13420
Located within: Michigan (MI), FIPS 26
Location: 43.490364 N, 83.397735 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 48723
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
CARO (Computer Antivirus Research Organization) is an organization that was established in 1990 to research and study malware.
The organization is perhaps best known for the Virus Naming Convention of 1991 (with subsequent revisions). Though widely adopted, it still faced usage obstacles. This has led to proposal of new naming systems from product vendors and industry groups.
The annual workshop is the biggest CARO event. The workshop is usually organized and hosted by one anti-virus firm in their home country. Workshops started in 2007 and the attendance is limited to 120-130 top anti-malware experts with a strict policy of no photography or recordings of any kind:
- 2007: Reykjavik, Iceland (organized by F-Prot)
- 2008: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands (Norman)
- 2009: Budapest, Hungary (Virus Buster)
- 2010: Helsinki, Finland (F-Secure)
- 2011: Prague, Czech Republic (AVAST Software)
- 2012: Munich, Germany (Trend Micro and McAfee)
- 2013: Bratislava, Slovakia (ESET)
- 2014: Melbourne, USA (Florida Institute of Technology)
- 2015: Hamburg, Germany (Trend Micro)
- 2016: Bucharest, Romania (Avira)
Caro is a brand of caffeine-free roasted grain beverages. It is generally considered a coffee substitute. It is manufactured by Nestlé and was first introduced in West Germany in 1954. It is available throughout Europe as well as other markets including New Zealand and Australia. It is imported to the United States under the name Pero. The name "Caro" sounds like the French word "Carreau", which translates to "diamonds" in playing cards, as seen in the Caro logo (which is also used on Pero).
Caro Instant is a powdered drink available in containers, whereas Caro Extra is granulated and comes in jars.
Caro (1967–1989) was an Irish-bred, French-trained Thoroughbred racehorse.
Caro is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Abraham ben Raphael Caro, Turkish rabbi
- Annibale Caro, Italian poet
- Anthony Caro (1924–2013)), British sculptor
- David Caro, German pedagogue
- Elme Marie Caro, French philosopher
- Heinrich Caro, German industrial chemist, inventor of the Caro's acid (peroxymonosulfuric acid)
- Horatio Caro, British chess player
- Isaac ben Joseph Caro, Spanish rabbi
- Isabelle Caro, French actress
- Jane Caro, Australian commentator, author and academic
- José María Caro Martínez, Chilean politician, first Mayor of Pichilemu
- José María Caro Rodríguez, Chilean Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Joseph Chayyim ben Isaac Selig Caro, Polish rabbi
- Julio de Caro, Argentine tango musician
- Marc Caro, French filmmaker
- Mike Caro, American professional poker player and instructor
- Niki Caro, film director, producer and screenwriter
- Nikodem Caro, industrial chemist, co-inventor of the Frank-Caro process to produce calcium cyanamide
- Nydia Caro, Puerto Rican singer and actress
- Robert Caro, American biographer
- Yossef Caro (1488–1575), rabbi, talmid chacham and author of the Shulchan Aruch
"Caro" is an afropop song collaboratively recorded by Nigerian recording artists L.A.X and Wizkid. Released as the first official recording by Starboy Entertainment, the song was added as a bonus on Wizkid's album Ayo.
Usage examples of "caro".
A husband, to a woman like Caro, was merely an impediment to her pursuit of pleasure.
After a moment, Caro made an effort to end their kiss, bracing her gloved hands on his chest.
Lucien masked his insolent smile as Caro coyly lowered her lashes and stroked the lapels of his formal black tailcoat.
Lucky for the war hero, his snake of a spy brother had come to his rescue again with the crucial information: Caro had not passed the test.
Unfortunately, Caro had not proved worthy, surrendering wholeheartedly to Lucien’s seduction.
Turning away abruptly, he began walking down the hallway, leaving Caro where she stood.
With a war-hardened visage and lionlike decorum, Damien pressed away from the wide pillar where he had been leaning and gave Caro a stiff bow.
People are staring,” Caro murmured uneasily, brushing her shoulder against his chest as she tried to squirm free.
He wanted so badly to get to know the baroness, but every time Caro visited, she would leave again just when Harry was starting to get used to her.
If I leave right away, I can be there by tonight and have Caro home by tomorrow evening.
She could not bear to leave the child at a time like this, even for the purpose of fetching his errant mother, but she knew Caro would not come home unless she showed up in person to browbeat her into doing the right thing.
She was not leaving here without Caro, she thought, her firm chin stubbornly set.
A bit of a sulk passed over her face to think that, as usual, she had to miss out while Caro got to have all the fun.
If Caro was at a costume ball, she would drink too much and have too sore a head to leave tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, as they must if they were to make it back to Hampshire by nightfall, as promised.
Well, she thought, pushing up to a seated position with a determined look, if Lord Lucien’s servants were not going to fetch Caro for her, she would simply go to the masque and collect the baroness herself.