The Collaborative International Dictionary
Capel \Ca"pel\ (k[=a]"p[e^]l), Caple \Ca"ple\ (-p'l), n. [Icel.
kapall; cf. L. caballus.]
A horse; a nag. [Obs.]
Caple \Ca"ple\, n. See Capel.
n. ''(obsolete except in dialects)'' a horse
CAPLE (Centro de Avaliação de Português Língua Estrangeira or Centre for Evaluation of Portuguese as a Foreign Language) is a certificate of proficiency in European Portuguese as a Second language developed by Faculty of Letters, University of Lisbon. The CAPLE exam is offered in Portugal and 45 other countries. CAPLE exams take place in May, July, and November in all testing centres, in addition to February, March, August, September, and October in Lisbon only. CAPLE exams are offered at 5 levels:
- CIPLE - Certificado inicial de português língua estrangeira (Level A2)
- DEPLE - Diploma elementar de português língua estrangeira (Level B1)
- DIPLE - Diploma intermédio de português língua estrangeira (Level B2)
- DAPLE - Diploma avançado de português língua estrangeira (Level C1)
- DUPLE - Diploma universitário de português língua estrangeira (Level C2)
Usage examples of "caple".
The kny3t kache3 his caple, and com to the lawe, Li3te3 doun luflyly, and at a lynde tachez The rayne and his riche with a ro3e braunche.