Crossword clues for canas
Canas or Cañas may refer to:
Cañas is the sixth canton in the province of Guanacaste in Costa Rica. The canton covers an area of 682.20 km², and has a population of 30,015.
The elongated canton touches the Río Tempisque in the southwest. It keeps the Río Bebedero and Río Tenorio on its western boundary as it widens to encompass agricultural lowlands before climbing into the Cordillera de Guanacaste up to the Tenorio Volcano.
Canas is one of the 31 barrios in the municipality of Ponce, Puerto Rico. Along with Anón, Coto Laurel, Guaraguao, Quebrada Limón, Real, San Patricio, and Marueño, and the coastal barrio of Capitanejo, Canas is one of the municipality's nine bordering barrios. It borders the municipality of Peñuelas. Along with Playa, Bucana, Vayas and Capitanejo, Canas is also one of Ponce's five coastal barrios. The name of this barrio if of native Indian origin. It was founded in 1831.
Canas or Cañas is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Alberto Cañas Escalante, Costa Rican politician
- Antonio José Cañas, Salvadoran military officer, diplomat and politician
- Carlos Cañas, Salvadoran painter
- Guillermo Cañas, Argentinian professional tennis player
- Jorge Cañas, Salvadoran footballer
- José Cañas Ruiz-Herrera, Spanish footballer
- José María Cañas, Costa Rican military officer and politician
- José Marín Cañas, Costa Rican journalist and writer
- Juan José Cañas, co-author of the National Hymn of El Salvador
- Juan José Cañas Gutiérrez, former Spanish footballer
- Ricardo Moreno Cañas, Costa Rican politician
- Vicente Cañas, Spanish Christian missionary and Jesuit brother