Campesino may refer to:
Peasant, or a person living in a rural area, in Latin America.The arts
- Los Campesinos!, an indie pop band from Cardiff, Wales
- Teatro Campesino, a theater group founded by the United Farm Workers
- El Campesino, Valentín González, a military leader during the Spanish Civil War
- La Via Campesina, the collaborating body for an international peasant movement
- Bloque Obrero y Campesino, the Workers and Peasants' Bloc in 1930s Barcelona
- Confederación Revolucionaria de Obreros y Campesinos, Mexico
- Confederación Sindical Única de Trabajadores Campesinos de Bolivia, Unique Confederation of Rural Laborers of Bolivia
Usage examples of "campesino".
In his country, "paramilitary" meant raping and murdering the family of an unarmed campesino, or the driveby machine-gunning of a student at a bus stop, or the torture and mutilation of a teenage girl.