Crossword clues for cals
CALS may refer to:
- Cals The rap artist.
- Jo Cals (1914-1971), Dutch politician, Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 1965 until 1966.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (disambiguation) - The name of a number of colleges at different universities
- The Christadelphian Auxiliary Lecturing Society - A group for providing Christadelphian speakers and lecturers Worldwide, particularly within the UK, and also for aiding preaching the truth of the Gospel as contained in the Bible in the UK and Worldwide.
- Client Access License - A Microsoft license technology
CALS (DOD) (Continuous Acquisition and Life-cycle Support) - A United States Department of Defense initiative for electronically capturing military documentation and linking related information
- The CALS Table Model is a standard for representing tables in SGML/XML. Developed as part of the CALS DOD initiative
- The CALS Raster file format is a standard for the interchange of graphics data
CALS (Continuous Acquisition and Life-cycle Support) is a United States Department of Defense initiative for electronically capturing military documentation and linking related information.
The initiative has developed a number of standard specifications (protocols) for the exchange of electronic data with commercial suppliers. These standards are often referred to as simply "CALS". CALS standards have been adopted by several other allied nations.
The CALS initiative has endorsed IGES and STEP as formats for digital data.
CALS includes standards for electronic data interchange, electronic technical documentation, and guidelines for process improvement.
- The CALS Table Model is a DTD standard for representing tables in SGML/XML. (see also DocBook)
- The CALS Raster file format was developed in the mid-1980s to standardize on graphics data interchange for electronic publishing for the federal government.
CALS was known formerly as Computer-aided Acquisition and Logistic Support.