Crossword clues for callao
Housing Units (2000): 152
Land area (2000): 0.501693 sq. miles (1.299380 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.501693 sq. miles (1.299380 sq. km)
FIPS code: 10486
Located within: Missouri (MO), FIPS 29
Location: 39.761451 N, 92.623746 W
ZIP Codes (1990): 63534
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
El Callao (; or ) is the chief seaport of Peru. The city is also called Provincia Constitucional (Constitutional Province), the only province of the Callao Region. The Historic Centre of Callao is located west of Historic Centre of Lima, the country's capital, and is part of the Lima Metropolitan Area. Callao borders Lima Province on the north, east and south, and the Pacific Ocean on the west.
Callao may refer to:Place Names
- El Callao Municipality, (Venezuela), Venezuelan city, famous for its gold mines and its Calypso
- Callao, the largest port city of Peru, located in Callao District.
- Callao District (Peru), found in Constitutional Province of Callao
- Callao Region (Peru), coterminous with Constitutional Province of Callao
- Constitutional Province of Callao (Peru), coterminous with Callao Region
- Callao, Missouri (United States)
- Callao, Utah (United States)
- Callao, Virginia (United States)
- Plaza de Callao and the underlying Madrid Metro station, in Madrid, Spain.
Callao Avenue (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Callao (Line B Buenos Aires Metro)
- Callao (Line D Buenos Aires Metro)
- Battle of Callao, 1866 naval battle between Spain and Peru (and her allies)
- Bombardment of Callao, a naval blockade and bombardment of the city of Callao, Peru, from April 1880 to January 1881 by the Chilean navy during the War of the Pacific which resulted in the surrender of the city to the advancing Chilean army.
- Callao, a Spanish Navy gunboat that fought in the Spanish–American War.
- USS Callao (YFB-11), a U.S. Navy gunboat captured from Spain and in U.S. service from 1898 to 1923.
- USS Callao (ID-4036), ex German liner Sierra Cordoba commissioned as a U.S. Navy transport 26 April—20 September 1919.
- USS Callao (IX-205), a U.S. Navy ship captured from the German Navy and in U.S. service from 1945 to 1950.
Callao is a station on Line B of the Buenos Aires Underground.
It is located in the Balvanera barrio, at the intersection of Avenida Corrientes and Avenida Callao, and named after the latter.
Callao is a station on Line D of the Buenos Aires Underground.
It is located at the intersection of avenues Córdoba and Callao.
Callao is a station on Line 3 and Line 5 of the Madrid Metro. It is located in Zone A.
Usage examples of "callao".
My whole plan is to arm her with our carronades and cruise in company, snapping up what China ships, whalers and fur-traders may appear, then to send Surprise in to Callao with, I hope, a captured ship or two so that they can be disposed of there and you can go ashore.
Tom will be in command - they are used to him in Callao because of the prizes he took on the way out - and the barky will go on topping it the privateer.
A mile and a half of steady pacing followed these reflexions about home, and then two distinct thoughts arose: 'I must ask Wilkins whether he will act as third lieutenant until we reach Callao: they say he was a master's mate in Agamemnon.
She means to sail back to the coast and wait off the Chinchas for a Liverpool ship now docking at Callao for the homeward run.
You must go into Callao with the others as soon as everything is ready.
He intended this distant ship to suppose that an unhurried convoy slowly heading east by south, often peaceably gossiping alongside, would carry straight on to Callao, and he did not intend to make the signal to part company until the stranger's topgallants were out of sight even from the main jack-crosstrees.
He had heard that Mr D's request to be sent in to Callao with the other Frenchmen had been refused.
But before I forget, he sends his love, says he hopes to bring the Franklin, his present ship, into Callao quite soon, and trusts that you will dine with him.
If you are not desperate for time, let you put him up in the shelter there and return to Callao with me.
And Sam,' he went on as they entered Callao, 'at some later time when you are free I should very much like to talk to you about the state of public opinion here in Peru: not only about abolition, but about many other things, such as freedom of commerce, representation, independence, and the like.
And when the Surprise appeared - I mean when she came in first without you - he went privately down to Callao, ascertained that she was what she purports to be, a privateer, and had her officially inspected and passed the next day.
Even Killick, the most inquisitive man aboard, had no sure, clearly-dated knowledge, and to Jack's astonishment he was not even aware that Dutourd had been refused leave to go to Callao in the Surprise with his former shipmates -did not even know that he had asked for permission.
Should it change you may come in, and if you cannot fetch Callao we will rendezvous off the Chinchas.
A little before dinner-time, when a tall white rock, a sea-lions' island much haunted by birds, the sea-mark for Callao Head, showed plain on the starboard bow, nicking the horizon ten miles away, with the remote almost cloud-like snow-topped Andes far beyond, the wind began blowing out of a clear high pale-blue sky.
Well, the point is this: when we were lying off Callao I happened to tell the Doctor that I was sending some French prisoners in.