Crossword clues for butts
n. (plural of butt English) vb. (en-third-person singular of: butt)
Housing Units (2000): 7380
Land area (2000): 186.612480 sq. miles (483.324085 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 3.401309 sq. miles (8.809350 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 190.013789 sq. miles (492.133435 sq. km)
Located within: Georgia (GA), FIPS 13
Location: 33.296354 N, 83.959538 W
Butts County, GA
Butts is a surname. Notable people with the name include:
- Alfred Mosher Butts (1899–1993), inventor of the board game Scrabble
- Anthony Butts (born 1969), American poet
- Calvin O. Butts (born 1949), Pastor of the Abyssinian Baptist Church in the City of New York
- Cassandra Butts (1965-2016), American lawyer
- Chuck Butts, American state senator
- Colin Butts, English writer
- Clyde Butts (born 1957), West Indies cricketer
- Gerald Butts (born 1971), Canadian political adviser
- James Butts (born 1950), American triple jumper
- Jimmy Butts (1917-1998), American jazz double-bassist
- Larry Butts (1935-1993), American
- Mr. Butts, fictional character in Garry Trudeau's Doonesbury
- Marion Butts (born 1966), American Football running back
- Mary Butts (1890–1937), British modernist writer
- Peggy Butts (1924–2004), Canadian Senator
- Robert Butts (1684-1748), English churchman
- Robert Hamilton Butts (1871-1943), Canadian politician and lawyer
- Samuel Butts (1777–1814), American militia officer in the Creek War
- Seymore Butts (born 1964), American pornographic film director, producer, and actor
- Tasha Butts (born 1982), American women's basketball player and coach
- W. E. Butts, American poet
- Wally Butts (1905–1973), University of Georgia football head coach and athletic director
- William Butts (c. 1486 – 1545), member of King Henry VIII of England's court
Usage examples of "butts".
Alexis inquired after Butts had sauntered out of Iris House with his prisoner.
Fern was still staring at the doorway through which Butts and his prisoner had exited.
The Jondarites striding along, their plumes nodding over their impassive faces, their hands upon the butts of their spears, resting at night beside the fire, polishing their fishskin armor with oil.
The Talbots rode together, as did Bud and Butts, leaving Dora and Bruce as companions of the trail.
X BLAINE IS JEALOUS TONIGHT THEY were later than usual in coming, and only Bud and Butts put in an appearance.
By the time Kay and Bruce had returned from the kitchen, Butts had come back from the stables.
When the rest of the party had ridden away, Marvel and Butts found themselves alone at the corral.
The westbound train on which Butts expected his passengers was late - how late the station agent could not tell.
Blaine, as Butts fumbled with the knot of the rope that secured his ankles and wrists.
When Blaine and Butts rode into the yard at the home ranch they found a depressed and worried company gathered on the veranda of the big house.
He cursed the luck that had brought John White to the ranch one day too soon and thus upset all his well laid plans, for he believed that if White had not been there Butts would have been able to have delayed the formation of a searching party until the following day at least.
When he entered he saw Butts just pulling on his boots, the other men having already gone to their breakfast.
In the bunkhouse Butts and Cory each satisfied himself likewise that his weapons were in good condition.
Then Blaine fired as Butts stumbled forward, a bullet through his forehead.
I seen Hi Bryam and his feet and seen how chummy he and Blaine and Butts were, I commenced to have hopes again.