Crossword clues for bura
Bura is a genus of ladybirds (family Coccinellidae).
Bura may refer to several different things:
- Bura (footballer) (born 1988), a Portuguese footballer
- Bura (beetle), a genus of beetles
- BURA (information technology), Backup, Recovery and Archiving
- Boura (Achaea) (also Boura), a city of Achaea, Greece
- Bura (mythology), a figure in Greek mythology
- Bura (wind), a wind in the northern Mediterranean
- Bura, Iran (disambiguation)
- In the African continent:
- The ancient/medieval civilization of Bura-Asinda (with its Bura culture known for ceramics and metallurgy)
- The Bura archeological site in southwest Niger in the Niger River valley where the Bura-Asinda civilization was discovered in 1975
- Another spelling for various places also known as Boura; see Boura, Burkina Faso (disambiguation)
- In linguistics, Bura (also Bura-Pabir), a Chadic language spoken in Nigeria
- Bura, Tana River District, Kenya
- Bura, Taita-Taveta District, Kenya
'''Miguel Ângelo Marques Granja ''' (born 17 December 1988 in Matosinhos), known as Bura, is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for Académico de Viseu FC as a central defender.
In Greek mythology, Bura was a daughter of Ion, son of Xuthus, and Helice. She was the eponym of the city Boura in Achaea.
She is possibly the same as Bura, mother of Atrax by Peneus.