The Collaborative International Dictionary
Bun \Bun\, Bunn \Bunn\, n. [Scot. bun, bunn, OE. bunne, bonne; fr. Celtic; cf. Ir. bunna, Gael. bonnach, or OF. bugne tumor, Prov. F. bugne a kind of pancake; akin to OHG. bungo bulb, MHG. bunge, Prov. E. bung heap, cluster, bunny a small swelling.]
any of a variety of slightly sweetened or plain raised cakes or bisquits, often having a glazing of sugar and milk on the top crust; as, a hot cross bun.
a type of coiffure in which the hair is gathered into a coil or knot at the top of the head.
pl. the buttocks. [slang]
Bunn \Bunn\, n. See Bun.
n. (archaic form of bun English) (sweetened bread roll)
Housing Units (2000): 179
Land area (2000): 0.533352 sq. miles (1.381374 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 0.533352 sq. miles (1.381374 sq. km)
FIPS code: 08860
Located within: North Carolina (NC), FIPS 37
Location: 35.958106 N, 78.251980 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Bunn is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Alfred Bunn (1796–1860), English theatrical manager
- Beverly Atlee Bunn, birth name of American author Beverly Cleary
- Fru T. Bunn, fictional character from Viz
- George Bunn (disambiguation)
- Jim Bunn (b. 1956), former U.S. Congressman from Oregon
- John Bunn, American basketball coach
- John Whitfield Bunn and Jacob Bunn, American financiers, industrialists, and friends of Abraham Lincoln
- Romanzo Bunn, United States federal judge
- Stan Bunn (b. 1946), American state legislator in Oregon
- Tom Bunn, American state legislator in Oregon
- William M. Bunn, American politician
Usage examples of "bunn".
Wellington Bunn seemed always to have a grievance because he had not made a success in Shakespeare.
Wellington Bunn, but again he was silenced by the volume of water in his mouth.
Wellington Bunn was one, ran back and forth from the water barrel, carrying the filled buckets and splashing the contents on the flames.
By confusion the two Helms may be the same man, and Bunn and Brown may be the same man.
Arena, Greg Arena, Bill Bailey, Jim Blaylock, Jenny Bunn, Pete Devries, Phil Dick, Jeff Fontanesi, Don Goudie, Chris Gourlay, Dashiell Hamster, Rick Harding, K.
O THE THURSDAY NIGHT GANG: Chris Arena, Greg Arena, Bill Bailey, Jim Blaylock, Jenny Bunn, Pete Devries, Phil Dick, Jeff Fontanesi, Don Goudie, Chris Gourlay, Dashiell Hamster, Rick Harding, K.