Crossword clues for bucky
n. (context British slang English) gun
Bucky is the name used by several different fictional superheroes appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, usually as a sidekick to Captain America. The original Bucky, James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby and first appeared in Captain America Comics #1 ( cover-dated March 1941), which was published by Marvel's predecessor, Timely Comics. In 2005 the original Bucky was brought back from supposed death as the brain-washed assassin Winter Soldier, and later briefly assumed the role of Captain America when Steve Rogers was presumed to be dead.
Sebastian Stan portrays the character as Bucky Barnes in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), as the Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), and as both in Captain America: Civil War (2016).
Bucky can refer to:
- William Bucky Covington (born 1977), American country music singer and American Idol finalist
- Russell Bucky Dent (born 1951), American former Major League Baseball player
- Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983), American architect, author, designer and inventor
- Charles Bucky Lasek (born 1972), American professional skateboarder and rallycross driver
- William McCullough (loyalist) (1949-1981), Northern Irish paramilitary
- William Bucky Moore (1905-1980), American National Football League player
- Ralph "Bucky" Phillips (born 1962), American convicted murderer
- Niklaus Wirth (born 1934), Swiss computer scientist
- Bucky, the name of several fictional characters in the Marvel Comics universe
- Jibaku-kun, a manga and anime series entitled Bucky - The Incredible Kid in some markets
- Bucky Badger, the official mascot of the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Bucky McBadBat, on the television show The Fairly OddParents
- Bucky O'Hare, comic book and television show character
- Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars
- Bucky Oryx-Antlerson, a greater kudu from Zootopia
- Bucky the Beaver, a Beanie Baby
- Bucky Katt, in the comic strip Get Fuzzy
- Bucky the Squirrel, on the television series The Emperor's New School
- Bucky, on the television cartoon series Bucky and Pepito
- Bucky, the mascot of Yat Anshin Uchuu Ryokou
Usage examples of "bucky".
I began unloading the groceries onto the counter, handing things to Bucky to put in the fridge.
We settled on having Bucky check him out and give him his shots when she came up to visit.
I went to pass Bucky the milk and suddenly a small bottle of water went whizzing past my face: Bucky had thrown it behind her without even looking.
I was still the polar opposite of a morning person, but Bucky was worse.
Twenty-five minutes later, Bucky came downstairs, which might be an overstatement of her active participation in the matter.
I heard Bucky call my name, her voice coming from in back of me, by the units.
Gathering myself, trying to keep a bad situation from getting worse, I turned to Bucky and held her by the shoulders.
Officer Hill joined us as he said that, leaving Bucky where she was and having sent Ted to wait out front.
They talked a little more, and for the sake of not asking Bucky again if she were all right and for something to do, I began to size up the detective.
When I got to Bucky, I saw that she was engrossed in trying to get all the corrosion off a nail.
Brian, Bucky, and I sat around a while after they excused themselves and withdrew to the little house.
I tried to remember everything Bucky had ever told me about dogs, tried to remember whether wagging tails were good and whether teeth meant welcome or danger.
I might have been able to put Meg off, but apparently Bucky still thought that she had the right to follow me into my bedroom more than ten years after I left the family home.
I blotted my scrapes carefully and had replaced the antiseptic and the bandages by the time that Bucky got back with my robe.
Leaving Bucky again asleep in the car when we got to the site, I was surprised to see Perry Taylor was back at work.