Crossword clues for braga
Braga  is a city and a municipality in the northwestern Portuguese district of Braga, in the historical and cultural Minho Province. The city has 137,000 inhabitants, and the municipality, which includes 37 civil parishes has a resident population of 181,494 inhabitants (in 2011), representing the seventh largest municipality in Portugal (by population). Its area is 183.40 km². Its agglomerated urban area extends from the Cávado River to the Este River. The city was the European Youth Capital in 2012. It is host to the archdiocese, the oldest in Portugal. Under the Roman Empire, known as Bracara Augusta, the settlement was centre of the province of Gallaecia. Braga is a major hub for inland Northern Portugal.
Braga is a common family name in Portuguese.
- Abel Braga (1952-), football manager and a former football player
- Alice Braga, Brazilian actress
- Antônio Francisco Braga (1868 - 1945), Brazilian composer
- Braguinha, Carlos Alberto Ferreira Braga (1907 – 2006), Brazilian songwriter
- Brannon Braga, American television producer and screenwriter who is mostly known for his contributions to the Star Trek series since 1990
- Gaetano Braga (1829 - 1907), Italian composer and cellist
- Joly Braga Santos (1924 - 1988), Portuguese composer and conductor
- Márcio Braga (1936-), president of Clube de Regatas do Flamengo in four periods
- Regina Braga, Brazilian actress
- Roberto Carlos Braga (1941-), Brazilian singer
- Rubem Braga, notable Brazilian writer of short stories
- Sônia Braga, Brazilian actress
- Teófilo Braga, Portuguese politician, writer and playwright
- Bruno Manuel Araújo Braga, Portuguese footballer
In geography and as a jurisdiction:
- Belmiro Braga, city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Braga, city in northwestern Portugal
- SC Braga, Portuguese sports club
- Braga District, in the Northwest of Portugal
- Braga Municipality, Portugal
- Archdiocese of Braga
- Braga Street is a famous street name in Bandung.
- Bragă is the Romanian variety of Boza, a non-alcoholic Balkanic drink.
Braga is a common surname in the Portuguese language, namely in Portugal and Brazil. It is a name associated with a great number of different people:
- Sônia Braga
- Regina Braga is a Brazilian actress
- Charles M. Braga, Jr., for whom the Charles M. Braga, Jr. Bridge in Massachusetts is named
- Antônio Francisco Braga Brazilian composer
- Antonio Braga (1929) Italian composer
- Márcio Braga
- Edelberto Braga (1986} A filipino lived in Batangas and famous in making jokes and help poor people in need is now focusing on the origins and history of surname [Braga]
- redirect Boza#Romania
Braga (Maximinos, Sé e Cividade) is a civil parish in the municipality of Braga, Portugal. It was formed in 2013 by the merger of the former parishes Maximinos, Sé and Cividade. The population in 2011 was 14,572, in an area of 2.57 km².
Braga (São José de São Lázaro e São João do Souto) is a civil parish in the municipality of Braga, Portugal. It was formed in 2013 by the merger of the former parishes São José de São Lázaro and São João do Souto. The population in 2011 was 14,301, in an area of 2.43 km².
Located in the Largo Barão de São Martinho is the Café A Brasileira (The Brazilian Cafe), an establishment with a storied history in Braga, Porto and Lisbon.