n. (plural of bowleg English)
Housing Units (2000): 167
Land area (2000): 3.757546 sq. miles (9.731998 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 3.757546 sq. miles (9.731998 sq. km)
FIPS code: 07950
Located within: Oklahoma (OK), FIPS 40
Location: 35.147566 N, 96.669603 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
Bowlegs may refer to:
- The leg deformity genu varum
- An alternate transliteration of Bolek, (died 1819), a Seminole chieftain from Florida during the First Seminole War
- Billy Bowlegs (1810-1864), a Seminole chieftain during the Second and Third Seminole Wars, related to Bolek
- Billy Bowlegs III, a later Seminole elder
- Bowlegs, Oklahoma, a U.S. town named after the first Billy Bowlegs
- William Augustus Bowles, also known in modern times as "Billy Bowlegs"
- Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival, an annual festival held in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, in honor of Bowles
- Bowlegs Creek, a stream in Florida
Usage examples of "bowlegs".
If we wait, Captain Kambanaros, for the shiploads you demand to be landed and for the Bear to set his bowlegs in motion and bring us help from the north, we shall never free ourselves.
He had four powerful arms, and his stocky bowlegs ended in prehensile-toed feet which could serve as hands.
I chatted to Bowlegs and he scratched his chin and wrote a few smudged figures on an invoice while his young assistant filled the gas tanks and money changed hands.
Finally they got to Billy Bowlegs, who had started out with Chekaika on the Calusa Hatchee.
Roach, the Chicago railroad man who has taken such a liking to him, is very interested in what Walter tells him about possibilities for citrus farming out at Deep Lake Hammock, where Billy Bowlegs had his gardens in the Indian Wars.
Fort Myers that Chief Billy Bowlegs surrendered up his warriors and took ship for Wewoka, Oklahoma!