Crossword clues for bohr
- Atom modeler
- Danish Nobelist
- Nobelist name of 1922 and 1975
- 1920s-'30s debate opponent of Einstein
- Physicist who said "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it"
- The Bohr theory of the atom accounted for the spectrum of hydrogen (1885-1962)
- Danish physicist who studied atomic structure and radiations
- Nobel Prize physicist: 1922
- Nobel physicist: 1922
- Atomic physicist Niels ___
- Danish atomic physicist
- Nobelist in Physics: 1922
- Eminent Danish physicist
- Physics Nobelist: 1922
- Physicist Niels
- Planck contemporary
- Physics Nobelist Niels
- ___ theory, in physics
- Nuclear theorist Niels
- Pioneer in quantum theory
- 1922 Physics Nobelist
- 1922 Nobelist in physics
- Danish Nobelist Niels
- Danish physicist Niels
- Noted Los Alamos scientist
- Physicist with an element named after him
- Nobelist Niels
- Nobel physicist Niels
Bohr may refer to:
- Niels Bohr (1885–1962), Danish atomic physicist, Nobel Prize in physics 1922
- Aage Bohr (1922–2009), Danish nuclear physicist, Nobel Prize in physics 1975, son of Niels Bohr
- Christian Bohr (1855–1911), Danish physician and physiologist, father of Harald and of Niels Bohr
- Harald Bohr (1887–1951), Danish mathematician, brother of Niels Bohr
- 3948 Bohr, asteroid named after Niels Bohr
- Bohr bug, a type of software bug
- Bohr (crater), a lunar crater
- Bohr, Bushehr, a village in Bushehr Province, Iran
- Bohr-e Bagh, a village in Bushehr Province, Iran
- Bohr-e Hajj Nowshad, a village in Bushehr Province, Iran
- Vallis Bohr, a lunar valley
- Bohr compactification, mathematical concept due to Harald Bohr
- Bohr effect, property of hemoglobin discovered by Christian Bohr
- Bohr–Einstein debates, a series of epistemological debates between Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein
- Bohr magneton, unit of magnetic moment proposed by Niels Bohr
- Bohr model, atomic theory due to Niels Bohr
- Bohr–Mollerup theorem, named after Harald Bohr and Johannes Mollerup
- Bohr radius, radius of atomic orbit in Bohr model
- Bohrium, chemical element number 107 named after Niels Bohr
- Niels Bohr Institute, of the University of Copenhagen
- Bohr bug
Bohr is a lunar crater that is located near the western lunar limb, in the area that is affected by librations. It is attached to the southwestern rim of the larger, eroded Vasco da Gama formation, and to the southeast of the crater Einstein.
The rim of Bohr is worn and eroded, and a pair of small, bowl-shaped craters lies across the western rim. The rim to the northeast has been shored up by the adjacent Vasco da Gama, but the remainder forms an irregular ring of rugged ground. To the southwest of Bohr is Vallis Bohr, a valley trending in a north-south direction. This long cleft is most likely associated with the formation of the Mare Orientale farther to the south.
Usage examples of "bohr".
Unnumbered orphan from the slums of Berlinsome contemporaries swore Leander hadn't known how to read until he'd designed Bohr's Maker.
At its essence, the Bohr Maker was a microscopic packet of instructions.
But the Bohr Maker could develop entirely new programming functions, at a rate that far exceeded the best human minds.
The Bohr Maker was illegal under the law, not only because of its status as a volitional intelligence, but because its activities compelled the corruption of human physiology.
His one claim to fame is that he dissected the neural tissue from Leander's toasted corpse and isolated the Bohr Maker.
And every time I petition to have the Bohr file destroyed, he logs a counter-petition claiming it as essential research material.
He'd tried to steal the Bohr Maker on his own, for himself, without Nikko's knowledge.
But in truth he'd come only because Van Ness had access to the Bohr Makerand a reputation that whispered of his vulnerabilities.
It hadn't been long before the conversation rolled around to Leander Bohr.
He bragged about how he'd collected the charred tissue of Leander's brain and, from it, decoded the basic structure of Bohr's Maker.
This human-ordinary ghost had visited Van Ness many times at his residence in Southwest Australia, and eventually Van Ness had made the suggestion: I could open the Bohr file.
Van Ness had intended to inoculate himself with the Makerthat's what he'd told Nikkojust as Leander Bohr had done long ago with the Maker's original incarnation.
He told her: "The dogs in Sunda have scented a peculiar line of sub-Makers that may be associated with Bohr's Maker.
She sniffed the air, searching through the dog's enhanced senses for a trace of the Bohr Maker.
Sandor Jiang-Tibayan was in possession of an illegal Maker derived from the Bohr Maker.