Bodney is a village in Norfolk, England, recorded in the Domesday Book as Bredenaia. The population is included in the civil parish of Hilborough. After the Norman conquest it was held by the de Montfort family. In the 14th century Edmund Oldhall (died 1417), father of Sir William Oldhall, a statesman, was Lord of the Manor, and it passed to William, who sold it to the Priory of Thetford. At the Dissolution of the Monasteries it became Crown property and was granted to the Duke of Norfolk.