Crossword clues for blantyre
Blantyre is Malawi's centre of finance and commerce, and its second largest city, with an estimated 1,068,681 inhabitants . It is sometimes referred to as the commercial capital of Malawi as opposed to the political capital, Lilongwe. It is the capital of the country's Southern Region as well as the Blantyre District.
The Malawi Broadcasting Corporation (MBC), the country's state broadcaster and the provider of one of Malawi's television channels, has its headquarters in Blantyre. The Supreme Court is located here. The city houses the College of Medicine, the Malawi Polytechnic and the Kamuzu College of Nursing, constituent colleges of the University of Malawi. The Malawi College of Accountancy is also headquartered there. Its rather unconventional location has meant that Blantyre is surrounded by Mount Soche, Ndirande mountain, Chiradzulu mountain and Michiru Mountain which consolidates the Michiru Mountain Conservation Area.
Blantyre supports a small expatriate population of about 25,000 , mainly from the United Kingdom, the rest of Europe, and South Africa.
The name Blantyre may refer to several things:Malawi
Blantyre District — Blantyre, a district of Malawi
Blantyre, Malawi — Blantyre, a city of Malawi
- St Michael and All Angels Church, Blantyre, Malawi
- Blantyre, Malawi — Blantyre, a city of Malawi
- Roman Catholic Ecclesiastical Province of Blantyre, see Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Blantyre
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Blantyre
- Roman Catholic Apostolic Vicariate of Blantyre
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Blantyre
Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Blantyre railway station — Blantyre, a railway station in Blantyre
- Lord Blantyre