Crossword clues for bette
- The Divine Miss M
- Star of "The Star."
- Single-season sitcom launched in 2000
- She was Rose in The Rose
- She was The Rose in 1979
- She played Elizabeth to Errol's Essex
- Self-titled 2000 pop album
- One of Johnny's two final "Tonight Show" guests
- Music's Midler
- Moviedom's Midler
- Miss Midler
- Midler who was Johnny Carson's last guest before he retired from "The Tonight Show"
- Midler who was Johnny Carson's final guest
- Midler of movies and music
- Midler of Hollywood
- Midler of "The First Wives Club"
- Midler of "Scenes from a Mall"
- Midler of "Hocus Pocus"
- Midler of "Hello Dolly"
- Midler of "Beaches"
- Midler of 'The Rose'
- Midler of 'Beaches'
- Midler in "Beaches"
- Midler of The Rose
- Margo in"All About Eve"
- Joan's "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" costar
- Joan's "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" co-star
- Jennifer Beals' "L Word" character
- Humphrey's "Marked Woman" co-star
- Henry's "Jezebel" costar
- Henry's "Jezebel" co-star
- Graham who invented Wite-Out
- Glenn's Pocketful of Miracles co-star
- Gay icon Midler
- Frequent costar of Humphrey
- Failed sitcom of 2000
- Davis with two Oscars
- Davis of the silver screen
- Davis of "The Little Foxes"
- Davis of "Dangerous"
- Davis of 'All About Eve'
- Davis of ''Death on the Nile''
- Costar of Goldie and Diane
- Claude's co-star in "Mr. Skeffington"
- Catherine the Great, in ''John Paul Jones''
- Barbara's "Beaches" co-star
- Balzac's Cousin
- Balzac's "La Cousine --"
- Actress/singer, ... Midler
- Actress Midler
- 2017 Dolly portrayer on Broadway
- 2001 self-titled pop album
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" singer Midler
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" Midler
- "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" star
- "The L Word" role for Jennifer Beals
- "Hocus Pocus" star Midler
- "Hello, Dolly!" Tony winner Midler
- "Beaches" actress Midler
- 'The Rose' singer Midler
- 'All About Eve' name
- ''The Divine Miss M''
- ''For the Boys'' name
- The Divine Miss M.
- 1981 Higham film biography
- The Divine Miss M's first name
- Actress Davis played by Susan Sarandon in TV's "Feud"
- "_____Davis Eyes"
- Davis of "Now, Voyager"
- Singer Midler
- Davis or Midler
- She played Jezebel, 1938
- "___ Davis Eyes" (1981 #1 song)
- "The Divine Miss M"
- She played Margo in "All About Eve"
- Divine Miss M
- Davis of Hollywood
- Woody's "Scenes From a Mall" co-star
- Balzac's "La Cousine ___"
- Wide-eyed Davis
- Davis of "Jezebel"
- Midler of "The Rose"
- Davis of "All About Eve"
- Midler of stage and screen
- Noted Davis
- Cousin in a Balzac title
- Greene who wrote "Summer of My German Soldier"
- "___ of Roses" (1995 adult contemporary album)
- Singer/actress Midler
- Hollywood's Davis
- Hollywood legend Davis
- Actress Davis of "Now, Voyager"
- Davis of the screen
- Name that's a homophone for 13-Down
- Davis of "Of Human Bondage"
- Davis of "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"
- "___ Davis Eyes," 1981 #1 hit
- A Davis
- Baby Jane portrayer
- Midler or Davis
- Davis of "Dark Victory"
- 1981 film biography
- Ms. Midler
- She twice played Elizabeth I
- Entertainer Midler
- Davis of film
- Davis of 'Jezebel'
- Miss Davis
- Midler of music
- Midler of "Gypsy"
- Johnny's last "Tonight Show" guest
- Actress ____ Davis
- Nickname like Liz
- Kim Carnes "___ Davis Eyes"
- Film star Davis
- Davis of old Hollywood
- Davis of "Dead Ringer"
- Davis of ''Pocketful of Miracles''
- Davis in "June Bride"
- Barbara's 'Beaches' co-star
- "___ Davis Eyes" (1981 Kim Carnes hit)
- Two-time portrayer of Elizabeth I
- Two-Oscar Davis
- Triple-threat Midler
- Tina's former life partner on "The L Word"
Bette is an American sitcom which premiered on October 11, 2000 on the CBS network. It was the debut of Bette Midler in a lead TV series role. 16 episodes were aired on CBS, with its final telecast on March 7, 2001. Eighteen episodes in total were produced, with the final two broadcast on HDTV simulcasting and in foreign markets. Bette was created by Jeffrey Lane, with Midler serving as one of the executive producers.
Bette is a self-titled album by Bette Midler, released in 2000 by Warner Bros. Records (see 2000 in music). This album only reached #69 on Billboard 200, and Warner Bros. dropped Bette from its roster in 2001 because of declining record sales. (As of October 2003, the album had sold 226,000 copies in the United States according to Nielsen SoundScan).
Bette may refer to:
- Bette (album), by Bette Midler
- Bette (TV series), a program starring Bette Midler
- Jean-Christophe Bette, French competitive rower
- Jean François de Bette, Marquis of Lede
- Bette (given name), people with the given name Bette
Bette is a given name, sometimes short for Elizabeth and Bettina, and may refer to:
- Bette Davis, American actress
- Bette Franke, Dutch fashion model
- Bette Midler, American singer and actress
- Bette Kane, fictional character in DC Comics
- Bette Porter, fictional The L-Word character
- Bette Nesmith Graham, inventor of liquid paper
- Bette Tattler, fictional character in American Horror Story: Freak Show
Usage examples of "bette".
Carrie said automatically to be polite as they walked into the living room where Bette greeted Maddie.
The back seat of my car is small, Bette, so you may have to take off your hat for the trip.
Carrie concentrated on pulling on her coat and helping Maddie and Bette into theirs.
Carrie concentrated on getting the food ready and the table set while Bette talked to Maddie in the living room.
In fact, he was so considerate of Maddie and Bette as well as herself, that Carrie decided he related to each of them equally in the same honest and friendly fashion.
Peter said goodbye to Bette, she stayed with Maddie in the living room.
Carrie feel good with her parting statement, Bette added to the heavy guilt that Carrie already felt.
She always appeared happy to have Bette come to visit, and now it meant Carrie was free to spend the time helping the teenagers at church.
Carrie hurried back to the front hall, she saw Bette coming down the stairs in tears.
She felt so worried and helpless, but one look at how pale Bette looked and Carrie began to worry about her, too.
Peter told Bette, holding out his elbow for her as he winked at Carrie.
I talked to Bette after church, and she said Maggie had just slept in a little too long to get ready in time.
It was empty and clean, and her car sat at the end of the driveway, all packed--both situations due to her working late into the night after Peter left to take Bette home.
Bill Bolton stood up--reluctantly, Bette thought, as she peeked around the pulpit.
Bette leaned over to whisper to Harriet who quietly hurried out of the sanctuary while Bette continued.