Crossword clues for bera
Bera may refer to:People
- Bera (Bible), king of Sodom in Genesis 14
- Bera, Count of Barcelona (died 844), the first count of Barcelona from 801 to 820
- Bera Ivanishvili, Georgian rapper and son of billionnaire and political leader Bidzina Ivanishvili
- Bera, a surname among the Mahishya community of West Bengal state of India
- Bera, Mathura, a village in Naujhil Block, Mant Tahsil of Mathura district at Uttar Pradesh in India
- Bera, Iran, a village in Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province, Iran
- Bera, Navarre, a town and municipality near Navarre, northern Spain
- Bera, Pahang, a district and town in Malaysia
- Bera Bach, an 807-metre mountain in north Wales
- Bera Mawr, a 794-metre mountain in north Wales
- Bera Upazila, in Pabna District, Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh
- Bera (font), a family of typefaces
BERA may refer to:
- Brainstem evoked response audiometry, a screening test to monitor for hearing loss or deafness
- Branford Electric Railway Association, a non-profit historical and educational institution in East Haven, Connecticut
- British Educational Research Association, a British education research organisation
- BioElectric Recognition Assay, a cell-based biosensor method
Bera ( Bera‘) (gift; son of evil; probably a descendant of Ham) is the king of the wicked city of Sodom spoken of in Genesis,14:2, ”…that they made war with Bera king of Sodom,”
In the narrative, Bera joins 4 other Canaanite city kings in rebelling against Chedorlaomer, an Elamite king and his allies who rule a vast area. In the Battle of the Vale of Siddim, the combined imperial forces plunder Sodom and nearby cities, taking many people captive and also much plunder. Bera and the king of Gomorrah, Birsha, flee the battle and fall into one of Siddim's many tarpits while other survivors escape into the mountains (14:10).
The Genesis account is written in narrative form and alluded to by several other Old Testament writers. Jesus Himself obviously believed it (Matthew 10:15). A mountain with fossil salt at the present day is called Hagv Usdum; and Galen also knew of a Sodom mountain. Extra-biblical writings (including tablets unearthed at Ebla) mention Sodom and even give specific references to its location along the Jordanian shore of the Dead Sea.
Bera is a federal constituency in Pahang, Malaysia, that has been represented in the Dewan Rakyat since 2004.
The federal constituency was created in the 2003 redistribution and is mandated to return a single member to the Dewan Rakyat under the first past the post voting system.