Beckom is a village in the central part of the Riverina. It is situated about 5 kilometres north-east from Ardlethan, and situated about east from Griffith. It had a population of 170 people on the 2006 Census night. The town was established with the opening of the railway line in 1908. Passenger services ceased in 1983 and the station closed in 1985 however the line remains open for goods trains.
Beckom Post Office opened on 4 January 1909 and closed in 1993.