Crossword clues for beano
The Collaborative International Dictionary
beano \beano\ n. 1. a game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the correponding numbers on their cards.
Syn: lotto, bingo, keno.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
n. 1 A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party. 2 (context figuratively English) Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
Beano is an enzyme-based dietary supplement that is used to reduce gas in the digestive tract, thereby improving digestion and reducing bloating, discomfort, and flatulence caused by gas. It contains the enzyme alpha-galactosidase (α-GAL). It was introduced as a liquid, but that has been discontinued and it is now available only as tablets and strawberry-flavored "Meltaways."
Beano is marketed and distributed by Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
Beano may refer to:
Arts and entertainment:
- The Beano, a British children's comic
- Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton, a 1966 John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers album nicknamed The Beano Album
- Another name for the game of Bingo (US)
- Beano, a character on the American television sitcom Out of This World (TV series)
- Beano Cook (1931–2012), ESPN sports commentator
- Brian McDonald (Gaelic footballer) (born 1980), Gaelic footballer nicknamed "Beano"
- Beano (dietary supplement), used to prevent flatulence
- Beanos, a former second-hand record shop, once the largest in Europe, located in Croydon, England
- The T13 Beano Grenade, an experimental hand grenade
- Beano, short for bean-feast, a British colloquial term for a noisy festive occasion
Usage examples of "beano".
Abruptly, Beano stood and bolted for the door, leaving the two policemen staring at each other across the table.
A sort of wild, rangy presence, not physically threatening to a grown man perhaps, but he could understand how he was able to dominate his roommate Beano, and to attract a tasty wee girl like that Andrina, even though she was a few years older than him.
Some dialogue that shows he was given explicit instructions to use Beano bombs?
It dates back to my early days with the Beano and the Dandy and causes all sorts of problems for me on the Inter-City trains to London.
I had met Bicky for the first time at a species of beano or jamboree down in Washington Square, not long after my arrival in New York.
FLYING MADRID TOMORROW FOR BARBER BEANO HANG ONTO YOUR HAT LOVE, HARRY.