Batuhan is a common masculine Turkish given name. The name was almost certainly derived from and popularized by the medieval Mongol ruler Batu Khan (c. 1207–1255), batu meaning "firm" in the Mongolian language. The name has also been given a folk etymology because of batu's phonetic similarity to the Turkish word batı ("west"), which has led to the popular belief that it means "sovereign of the west".
People with the name include:
- Batu Khan (c. 1207–1255), Mongol ruler and founder of the Golden Horde
- Batuhan Altıntaş (born 1996), Turkish footballer
- Batuhan Gözgeç (born 1990), Uzbekistani-Turkish amateur boxer
- Batuhan Karadeniz (born 1991), Turkish footballer
- Batuhan Karacakaya (born 1997), Turkish actor
Category:Turkish masculine given names