Crossword clues for balin
Balin can refer to:
- Balin (Middle-earth), a Dwarf in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium of Middle-earth
- Sir Balin, a courageous knight in the legend of King Arthur
- Balin, alternative form of Bali, a name of various mythological and historical figures of India
- Carole B. Balin, American Reform rabbi, professor of Jewish history
- Ina Balin (1937-1990), American actress
Marty Balin (born 1942), American musician
- Balin, Marty Balin's debut solo album
- Mireille Balin (1911-1968), French actress
- "El Balin", nickname of Honduran soccer player Eduardo Bennet
- Balin, Iran, a village in Kermanshah Province, Iran
- Balin, East Azerbaijan, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Balin, Inowrocław County in Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-central Poland)
- Balin, Rypin County in Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-central Poland)
- Balin, Łódź Voivodeship (central Poland)
- Balin, Lesser Poland Voivodeship (south Poland)
Balin is a fictional character in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium. He is an important supporting character in The Hobbit, and is mentioned in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Balin is Marty Balin's 1981 album. Two top-40 singles were released, "Hearts" (a U.S. #8 hit, and also his biggest as a solo artist) and "Atlanta Lady" (U.S. #27). The album rose to #35 on the Billboard charts.
Usage examples of "balin".
She knew from speaking to Balin before that the Gardier woman found the signs of alliance between the Syprians and the Rienish disconcerting.
When Balin had been captured on the island, squatting on the ground, bound with the chains the Gardier had used on their slaves, she had demanded that her captors surrender.
She smiled thinly, recognizing that Balin had an unerring talent for saying the wrong thing to her at just the right time.
Ilias to wait and he pulled Balin to a halt, covering her mouth when she tried to shout.
Ilias gave him a tight smile back, then dodged sideways to recapture Balin as she ran toward one of the fallen Gardier rifles.
Tremaine followed Giliead across the littered pavement to the doorway, Ilias hauling Balin along after her.
Tremaine hurried after, grabbing Balin by the collar and shoving the pistol into her side.
Tremaine had to point out, giving Balin a shove to get her further into the room.
Cletia was tending the fire now and keeping an eye on the Gardier woman Balin, and Cimarus had gone to watch the outer entrance.
In a moment of generosity, Tremaine had even agreed to let Cletia give Balin a portion.
Cletia sat on one side of the fire, the Capidarans on the other, huddled under their collection of coats and blankets, with a sullen Balin in her corner.
Cimarus and Cletia had remained upstairs on guard over Balin and the other circle.
Syprians watching Balin and guarding the corridor while Gerard was asleep.
There was only one place Balin could have gone, and that was outside through the crack in the wall.
Tremaine looked, but there was no sign of Balin near the streambed or in the twilight fringes of the pine forest.