Bagshot may mean:Places
Bagshot, Surrey, England
- Bagshot Heath
- Bagshot Park, home of the Earl and Countess of Wessex
- Bagshot Beds, an Eocene sedimentary rock formation
- Bagshot, a settlement in Shalbourne, Wiltshire, England
- Bathilda Bagshot, a fictional character in the Harry Potter books
- Bristol Bagshot, a British biplane fighter design
- Bagshot Row, a fictional street near Bag End, the residence of Bilbo Baggins, and later Frodo Baggins before he bequeathed it to Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings
Bagshot is a small village in the southeast of England. It is situated in the northwest corner of Surrey within the county's Surrey Heath council district, close to the border with Berkshire, and is also in the diocese of Guildford. In the past, Bagshot served as an important staging post between London, Southampton and the West Country. Evidence of this can be seen in some of the original coaching inns that are still there today.
The village is situated southwest of London, adjacent to junction 3 of the M3 motorway and is split in half by the A30 road, midway between Camberley and Sunningdale. Much of the surrounding land is owned by the Ministry of Defence. The area is in the Green Belt that surrounds London. It is served by Bagshot railway station.