Crossword clues for bab
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Bab \Bab\, n. [Per.] Lit., gate; -- a title given to the founder of Babism, and taken from that of Bab-ud-Din, assumed by him. [Webster 1913 Suppl.] ||
n. (context UK informal English) baby
BAB may refer to:
- Back-arc basin, a geologic feature: a submarine basin associated with island arcs and subduction zones
- "Base Attack Bonus", a term used in d20 System RPG games
- Beale Air Force Base (IATA airport code: BAB) in California
- Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, an academic journal
- Boris Berezovsky (businessman), Boris Abramovich Berezovsky, a powerful Russian oligarch in self-imposed exile in London from 2001
- Build America Bonds, a type of municipal bond created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Bunty Aur Babli, a 2005 Indian film
- German autobahns or Bundesautobahn, federal motorways in Germany
- B. A. Baracus, character on 1980s action series The A-Team
- The British Aikido Board, a federation of independent Aikido associations within the United Kingdom
- The stock symbol of Babcock International
Usage examples of "bab".
It had been a little over a month since Babs and Yoke had driven around San Francisco distributing allas, telling each person to split their alla into seven and to pass them on with the same instructions.
As you know, he has been pressing the work on the arcade of the Shrine of the Bab in order to have it completed by the Centenary of His martyrdom.
Thence the regular coralline bank, whose beach is the Bab, runs some distance down coast, allowing passage to our ugly old friend, Wady Salma.
Bab began by gravely quoting Miss Celia, and ended with an irrepressible burst of admiration which contrasted drolly with her first remark.
Smoke Filer, Babs Bitterman, Lunt, Pete Marsh, Bert Fox, Ken Fischer, Bo Bozer, and--were others?
Haram it turned due north, running between the Western Wall and the Dome of the Rock, less than fifty feet from where the Souk el-Qattanin became the Bab el-Qattanin, the Gate of the Cotton Merchants, which was the Haram entrance closest to the Dome itself.
Ilriscilla blusbeb, but obe was tiecriettig pleaseb, for obe coulb not help but notice that Ntirt bab a uilrtl large plow.
Babs entertaining Pimento with a sock on each hand, cocking her head side to side as a different character spoke.
Bab, saucily, while her sparkling eyes turned to Miss Celia with a mischievous twinkle in them.
Next came the moan of the wind down the valley that opens on the gate called the Bab el Marsa, and along the river that flows to the port.
Bab el Marsa, the gate that goes out to Marteel, they heard a low hum as of vast droves of sheep.
May 22nd, 1944 as this is the exact time when the Bab declared His Mission to Mulla Hussayn.
The multilane traffic was narrowing to one lane as they approached the Bab and consequently was thickening and slowing down.
The Wests decided to christen her Lucyanna, though they would always refer to her by the nickname of Babs.
The first to arrive, however, was an uninvited guest, for just as Bab and Betty sat down on the porch steps, in their stiff pink calico frocks and white ruffled aprons, to repose a moment before the party came in, a rustling was heard among the lilacs, and out stepped Alfred Tennyson Barlow, looking like a small Robin Hood, in a green blouse with a silver buckle on his broad belt, a feather in his little cap and a bow in his hand.