init. (context automotive English) all wheel drive
AWD may refer to:
- AWD Holding, (Allgemeiner Wirtschaftsdienst), a German company
- Afghan War Diary, a collection of thousands of US military documents that were leaked to the public via Wikileaks in July, 2010
- Agency Worker Directive (2008/104/EC)
- Air Warfare Destroyer, a ship class of the Royal Australian Navy
- All-wheel drive, a power-train configuration for vehicles, most commonly four-wheel and six-wheel drive
- Americans with disabilities
- Artweaver document, the default file extension used by the freeware raster graphics editor developed by Boris Eyrich
- Microsoft Fax Microsoft at Work Document (file extension)
- Automated Work Distributor, an American software development firm
- AWD Trucks, a former British truck manufacturer
- Adaptive web design, the progressive enhancement of a web site
Usage examples of "awd".
She was out of awd Daisy and ah carried her out of this very byre on a sack and the snow was comin' down hard.
The old stable is empty -she can live in there where there's nobody to stand on 'er awd tits.
Before the great man arrived the platform was occupied by a lascivious sergeant who was whittling away the time by leading us in a succession of bawdy ditties accompanied by gestures.
She's hardly givin' a drop o' milk, poor awd lass, she's nowt but a screw now.
They're only a month old and t'awd bitch seems to think they'd be better off in the stable.
Well, I dinna like the awd whoreson prowlin' aboot, no' when there's a bonnie young guidwife here and in ma care.
Neerer his presence ADAM though not awd, Yet with submiss approach and reverence meek, As to a superior Nature, bowing low, Thus said.