Crossword clues for aware
- Paying attention
- Far from oblivious
- Not oblivious
- Hardly oblivious
- Fully informed
- With eyes wide open
- "Not that I'm ___ of"
- On top of it
- Not uninformed
- Mindful of
- Conscious (of)
- Far from clueless
- Not ignorant (of)
- Not clueless
- Up on the latest info
- Not duped
- Not blind
- Having savvy
- Hardly in the dark
- Bearing in mind
- With eyes darting
- Up on, with "of"
- Up on stuff
- Self-__: personally mindful
- Seeing it all
- Salvador's 8th album
- Salvador song about being keen?
- Popular record company/compilation
- Opposite of "oblivious"
- Opposite of "in the dark"
- Onto, with ''of''
- On top of the facts
- Now enlightened
- Not uncognizant
- Not taken by surprise
- Mono no ___, Japanese term for a gentle sadness at life's impermanence
- Looped in
- Label that seeks unknowns
- John Brown's Body "So ___"
- In-the-know managers
- Having the relevant info
- Far from unwitting
- Cognisant (of)
- Appraised (of)
- (hed) p.e. "Self ___"
- "In the know" managers
- "I'm well ___"
- "I'm ___ of the situation" ("I know what's going on")
- "Believe me, I'm well ___!" ("Oh, I know!")
- ___ of (knowing about)
- Conscious of
- Cognizant of one's surroundings
- Hip to, with "of"
- Informed (of)
- In the know
- Mindful (of)
- Au courant
- Fully up-to-date
- Not in a fog
- Apprised (of)
- With it, in a sense
- Not spaced-out
- Not out of it
- Up to date
- Cognizant (of)
- In the loop, so to speak
- Up on things
- On the ball
- On top of things
- Clued in
- Alerted to
- Plugged in, so to speak
- Tuned in to
- Onto, with "of"
- Not in the dark
- Well informed
- Posted, so to speak
- Conscious of key deficiency in American state
- Conscious a King is surrounded by reverence
- Enlightened American overcoming battle with drug
- Well-briefed army leader fighting English
- Knowing fighting takes place in A & E
- Knowing a king is held in great respect
- Knowing a sport will be broadcast
- Sensible writer awaited some backing
- Sending up Palpatine initially to meet with ring Yoda organised
- Informed of fighting in A & E
- Having knowledge (of)
- On one's toes
- On the qui vive
- Wise to
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Aware \A*ware"\, a. [OE. iwar, AS. gew[ae]r, fr. w[ae]r wary. The pref. ge- orig. meant together, completely. ?. See Wary.]
Watchful; vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
Apprised; informed; cognizant; conscious; as, he was aware of the enemy's designs.
Aware of nothing arduous in a task They never undertook.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
late Old English gewær, from Proto-Germanic *ga-waraz (cognates: Old Saxon giwar, Middle Dutch gheware, Old High German giwar, German gewahr), from *ga-, intensive prefix, + waraz "wary, cautious" (see wary).
a. 1 vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty. 2 conscious or having knowledge of something.
adj. (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing realization or perception; "was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit" [syn: aware(p)] [ant: unaware]
(usually followed by `of') having knowledge or understanding; "our youth are cognizant of the law"; "I am well aware of his limitations" [syn: cognizant, cognisant, well aware(p), aware(p)] [ant: incognizant]
alert and fully informed; "politically aware"; "a knowing collector of rare books"; "the most...technically aware of the novelists under thirty"- W.S.Graham; "surprisingly knowledgeable about what was going on" [syn: aware(p), knowing, knowledgeable]
Aware is one of the woredas in the Somali Region of Ethiopia. Part of the Degehabur Zone, Aware is bordered on the south by Gunagadow, on the west by Degehabur, on the north by the Jijiga Zone, on the northeast by Somalia, and on the east by Misraq Gashamo. Towns in Aware include Aware, Daroor, Kam Aboker, and Rabaso. Gunagadow woreda was separated from Aware.
Aware is the adjectival form of awareness, the perception of or reaction to an event. It may also refer to:
- Aware Electronics, a USA designer and manufacturer of Geiger counters and radiation monitors
- Aware Records, a record label owned by Columbia Records
- Aware (Beanie Baby), a Beanie Baby bear marketed to raise funds for breast cancer
- Aware (album), an album by Salvador
- Aware (voluntary organisation)
Aware (woreda), a district in Ethiopia
- Aware, Ethiopia, a town in that district
AWARE may be the acronym for:
- Project AWARE, a scuba diving charitable foundation
- Association of Women for Action and Research, an NGO in Singapore
- Americans Well-informed on Automobile Retailing Economics, a nonprofit focused on vehicle finance education
- The AWARE Study (AWAreness during REsuscitation)
Awareness may refer to:
- Awareness (album), a 1971 album by Buddy Terry
- Brand awareness, a marketing term
- Awareness Records, a record label founded by Andy Ware
- Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality, a book by Anthony de Mello
- Anesthesia awareness
- Context awareness on context with operational context
- Legal awareness
- Location awareness on context with physical location
- Raising awareness
Aware is a voluntary organisation based in Ireland which aims to assist people affected by depression. Its CEO is Geraldine Clare.
Aware is the eighth album released by Salvador. It was released on April 29, 2008 through Word.
Usage examples of "aware".
He turned to his brother, to include him by explanation, aware that at a time like this he was reminded forcefully that he had no function aboard the ship.
Chrissie, took both her hands and held them gently in his, as aware of her abraded palm as he was aware of his own injured wrist.
From her own experience, she has become aware that there are many women like herself who leave the Family and fall into similarly controlling and abusive situations, which tend to perpetuate the experiences that they had while in the cult.
The workbooks help you become aware of your abusive history and find ways to get rid of the anger.
He was an acausal double, a synchronous mirrorself, the echo of the godmind returning from the future, as unconscious of his power as the Delph was aware.
Men and women bright enough to run a particle accelerator the size of a small planet likewise had to be at least somewhat aware that they were being manipulated, even as they let it happen.
Daphne coaxed Rackford into dancing with her, vaguely aware of Acer Loring off to the side, scowling at them right along with her, for he had been enamored of Daphne for ages.
Please be aware that these principles are an absolutely essential foundation for understanding the rest of this book, for using the tools of Kabbalah that it presents, and for achieving the connection with the Light that is our true purpose in life.
As president of Acme Packers, I am well aware of my competitors, of which Starbuck is definitely one.
If, after other strategies have failed, acquiescence is deemed to be the optimum response to protect life and reduce physical injury in a given situation, it is important that the victim be comfortable with such a choice and be aware that postassault guilt feelings will probably arise.
We are aware, certainly, that she is actressy and all that, but still it does not quite click.
Chi, Yoga, or acupressure will make you more aware of the energy in your body and can serve as a useful supplement to this book.
But as I watched from that seaward beach it seemed to me that never had I been aware of it so acutely as now.
I became acutely aware that I was one man among a multitude and that discretion was a thing of greater value than curiosity.
But he was acutely aware that Watkins was in a dangerously excited state and that it was necessary, if frustrating, to take the time to calm his fears.