Crossword clues for asl
- System for the deaf, for short
- Syst. of visual communication
- Syst. of unwritten words
- Syst. of talking with one's hands
- Syst. for the deaf
- Speech often seen on C-SPAN
- Speaking with one's hands: Abbr
- Speaking with one's hands (abbr.)
- Skill for speaking with the deaf: Abbr
- Silent method of communication, briefly
- Silent letters?
- Silent communication: Abbr
- Silent communication, for short
- Silent comm. method
- Nonverbal way to communicate: Abbr
- Nonverbal syst
- Nonverbal communication: Abbr
- Nonverbal communication system: Abbr
- Nonverbal comm. method
- Moving communication: Abbr
- Means of comm
- Meaningful gestures, for short
- Mating call in a chat room
- Lip-reading alt
- Language originated in Connecticut
- Koko's communication form (abbr.)
- It's seen but not heard: Abbr
- It might be used by a manualist: Abbr
- Introductory chat room query initials
- In which a single raised pinkie is an "i": Abbr
- IM question that Obama would answer with "54/m/DC"
- How to talk to the hand?: Abbr
- How Gallaudet University students converse: Abbr
- Handy way of talking? (abbr.)
- Handy turns of phrase?: abbr
- Handy speaker system?: Abbr
- Handy communication skill?: Abbr
- Handy communication skill, for short
- Handspeak.com subj
- Hands-on approach to lang.?
- Handmade syst.?
- Handmade communication syst.?
- Hand-y way to communicate (abbr.)
- Hand-y lang
- Hand-y communication syst
- Hand-talking syst
- Hand-made communication: Abbr
- Hand-based communication sys
- Gestures originated in a CT school (c. 1820)
- Gesture-based syst
- Gallaudet University subj
- Gallaudet Univ. system
- Gallaudet Univ. course
- Gallaudet U. dept
- Gallaudet communication (Abbr.)
- Forte of interpreters who help the hearing impaired in court (abbr.)
- Fingerspelling system: Abbr
- Digital syst. that originated in the 19th century
- Digital interface?: Abbr
- Digital interface, briefly
- Digital communication? (abbr.)
- Digital communication sys
- Digital communication method: Abbr
- Digital comm. method?
- Digital comm. method
- Deaf communication method (Abbr.)
- Dactylology syst
- Communications syst. for handy people?
- Communication that's seen but not heard, for short
- Communication system for the deaf: Abbr
- Communication system for the deaf, for short
- Communication syst. that's hidden in five themed answers
- Communication syst. involving the hands
- Communication syst. in "Mr. Holland's Opus"
- Communication syst. for the hands
- Communication no one hears: Abbr
- Communication means for the deaf, for short
- Communication by hand: Abbr
- Comm. method reputedly used by Koko the gorilla
- Chat room inquiry abbreviation
- Aspiring interpreter's subj
- Abbr. that prompts "24/M/Texas," e.g
- A pinky represents an I in it: Abbr
- "The Miracle Worker" comm. method
- "Talking" with one's hands, for short
- "Talking" system for the deaf, in brief
- "I Set My Friends on Fire" band
- "Handy" thing to know, for short?
- "Handy" communication sys
- "Hand-y" subj. for nonspeakers to learn
- ''Handy'' form of communication, briefly
- ___ interpreter (figure at some press conferences)
- __ interpreter: press conference figure
- Digital communication?: Abbr.
- Communication for the deaf: Abbr.
- Soundless communication: Abbr.
- Deaf talk: Abbr.
- Handy communication syst.?
- Manual communication syst.
- Communication without talking: Abbr.
- Visual way to communicate: Abbr.
- Hand writing?: Abbr.
- Handy thing to know?: Abbr.
- Syst. of unspoken words
- Communication means for the deaf: Abbr.
- "Talking" done with the hands: Abbr.
- Special communication syst.
- It's sometimes seen in the corner of a TV screen: Abbr.
- A fist might represent A or S in it: Abbr.
- Communication system for the gorilla Koko: Abbr.
- Hand communication: Abbr.
- Communication syst. for the deaf
- Communication syst. for the hearing-impaired
- Words for the deaf: Abbr.
- Digital communication, for short?
- Nonverbal communication syst.
- Talking with one's hands: Abbr.
- One way to see a talk, for short?
- Communication used at Gallaudet University, for short
- Communication with the hands: Abbr.
- Handy way of communicating?: Abbr.
- Nonverbal communication, for short
- What might be seen in the corner of a TV screen: Abbr.
- Class in which students raise their hands, briefly?
- Form of digital communication?: Abbr.
- Hand communication, for short
- Communication system pioneered by Thomas Gallaudet, for short
- Means of communication since 1817, in brief
- It's sometimes shown in the corner of a TV screen, for short
- Communication for the deaf, in brief
- The sign language used in the United States
- Gallaudet Col. communication method
- Pelé's gp., once
- Visual way to communicate: Abbr
- Communication without talking: Abbr
- Communication system for the hearing-impaired: Abbr
- Communication means for the deaf: Abbr
- Communication for the deaf (abbr.)
- Soundless communication: Abbr
- A fist might represent A or S in it: Abbr
- It's sometimes seen in the corner of a TV screen: Abbr
- Digital communication?: Abbr
- Fingerspelling technique (abbr.)
- "The Joy of Signing" subj
- Syst. with hand signals
- Subj. at a school for the deaf
- Silent communication system: Abbr
- Subj. for the deaf
- Manual transmissions?: Abbr
- Lip-reading alternative: Abbr
- It's used at Gallaudet U
- Comm. system with hand motions
- Visual communication syst.: Abbr
- Syst. for the hearing-impaired
- Communication for the hearing-impaired (Abbr.)
- Where J is represented with a moving pinkie: abbr
- Talking with your hands?: Abbr
- Syst. with gestures
- Syst. for talking without speaking
- Subj. taught in silence
- Soundless communication syst
- Silent speech syst
- Manual alphabet, briefly
- Lip-reading alternative (abbr.)
- Language at Gallaudet
- Handy talk? (Abbr.)
- Handy form of communication?
- Gesture-based communication, briefly
- Gesture-based communication (Abbr.)
- Gestural communication: Abbr
- Deaf talk: Abbr
- Communication syst. with hand signals
- Communication at Gallaudet U
- Comm. for the hearing-impaired
- Words that can't be heard, for short
- What manual readers have learned?
- Visual communication?: Abbr
- Visual communication: Abbr
- Unspoken communication: Abbr
- U.S. language
- Talking with one's hands?: Abbr
- Talking with one's hands, for short
- Talk with one's hands?: Abbr
- System used at Gallaudet Univ
- System of unspoken words, for short
- System of silent comm
The Collaborative International Dictionary
ASL \ASL\ n. same as American sign language, the sign language used in the US.
Syn: American sign language, AMESLAN
init. 1 American Sign Language 2 Age, Sex, Location (same as asl) 3 Above sea level 4 Advanced Squad Leader
ASL is a common initialism for American Sign Language, the sign language of the United States and Canada, and may also refer to:
Usage examples of "asl".
I lay down on my right side so that the light fell in my face, which was unpleasant, but I hoped it would at once convince the robber that I was asleep.
As I watched, some of the men came forward to uncover the spring, led by a man whom I at first took for Ibn Asl himself.
I had heard enough to know that to-night must be done what we had to do, for Ibn Asl, and others not yet come from Bir Murat, would be here in the course of the next day.
It was Ben Kasawi and his "monster," and I was obliged to change the order of exercises on which I had determined in the expectation of finding them asleep.
When I found that there was no hope of capturing him I returned in a fury of rage against Selim, through whose stupidity I knew too well that we should never catch Ibn Asl on the morrow, for the man who had escaped was certainly gone to warn him of his danger.
I believe he comes from Ibn Asl, who seeks revenge for the rescue of your women and who may easily know that I am going to Khartum.
It belonged to our recent acquaintance, the spy, and the other was nothing else than the voice of Abd Asl, the father of the slave-dealer, the holy old fakir who had so nearly murdered Ben Nil and me.
I hope that they may speak of Ibn Asl's whereabouts, and of his plans.
It might be too late to warn the Reis Effendina, but the attempt must be made, and if it were too late he must be rescued from the hands of Ibn Asl.
The Oschefireh Hassanieh was seventy-five good miles from the lake where we had captured Abd Asl.
I inquired if a ship which was striking in appearance, being neither a "dahabijeh" nor a "noquer," an old craft, had passed, and on being told that it had not, felt most uneasy, for no one could have failed to notice the Reis Effendina's ship from her peculiar build, and if she had not been seen it showed she had not passed beyond Ibn Asl's reach.
He has gone to capture a Christian Effendi who is returning from the Fessarah country, where he has taken women of that tribe whom Ibn Asl had captured, and this accursed cur rescued.
And when Abd Asl has captured him what is to be his fate for such meddling?
The "Aschia," the prayer ordained for the hour after sunset, was said, and we mounted and began the ride which was to bring me, for life or death, into the presence of the dreaded Ibn Asl.
Our guide left us to wait at the outskirts of the woods, while he rode on to announce our coming to Ibn Asl.