Apfel (German for "apple") is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Arthur Apfel (born 1922), British figure skater
- Holger Apfel (born 1970), leader of the National Democratic Party of Germany (NPD) in Saxony
- Howard Apfel, (born 1962) American Rabbi and Cardiologist
- Iris Apfel (born 1921), American businesswoman, former interior designer, and fashion icon
- Kenneth S. Apfel (born 1948), 13th Commissioner of Social Security in the United States
- Oscar Apfel (1878–1938), American film actor, film director, screenwriter and film producer
APFEL is an opensource software able to perform Dokshitzer–Gribov–Lipatov–Altarelli–Parisi (DGLAP) evolution up to next to next to leading order (NNLO) in quantum chromodynamics (QCD) and to leading order (LO) in quantum electrodynamics (QED), both with pole and minimal subtraction scheme (MSbar) masses. The coupled DGLAP QCD+QED evolution equations are solved in x-space by means of higher order interpolations and Runge-Kutta techniques, and allow the exploration of different options for the treatment of subleading terms.