Crossword clues for apeman
n. A prehistoric man resembling an ape.
- Tarzan, sometimes referred to as an "Apeman"
- Early humans (such as Neanderthal) and hominids; other caveman and " missing link" stereotypes in popular culture
- Cryptozoological creatures like Bigfoot and Yeti
- Humanzee, hypothetical human-chimpanzee hybrids
- Ape-like beings that have distinctly human traits are not uncommon in fiction. Well known examples are:
- the Mangani in the Tarzan fictional stories
- the different ape-men species from Kull's Thurian Age and Conan's Hyborian Age
- the evolved apes in the Planet of the Apes franchise
- Ape-Man, a comics book character
- "Apeman" (song), a 1970 song by The Kinks
- The Apemen, a Dutch surf rock band
"Apeman" is a 1970 song by the English rock band The Kinks. It was written by Ray Davies and appears on the album Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One.
In the song, Davies is fed up with the modern world and declares that he wants to "sail away to a distant shore and make like an apeman". He also expresses how man created our problems and, given half a chance, he would leave the cities and traffic to live in the jungle. In some ways, this is the epitome of the nostalgia expressed on the albums Lola vs. Powerman and The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society.
Usage examples of "apeman".
Both swords seem magic to some club-swinging apeman, such as legend places on lands unknown to our civilization, but clearly one is born of science, the other spawned by sorcery.
In among the suits and Sunday best, kids cavort in costumes of dinosaurs, megatheres, apemen, saurs, and krakens.
He felt like an apeman suddenly swept millions of years forward into a world of telephones, television, computers,spaceships.
They were a band of apemen, just newlyerectus, out gathering and hunting.