Crossword clues for aon
init. '''All or Nothing''' - A type of stock market or financial derivative order, signifying that the order is to be executed only if the full quantity of the order can be bought or sold.
Aon plc is a British multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, investment banking, human resource solutions and outsourcing services. Aon has approximately 500 offices worldwide, serving 120 countries with 65,000 employees.
In 2011, Aon was ranked as the largest insurance broker in the world based on revenue. Aon was the principal partner and global shirt sponsor of the Premier League team Manchester United F.C. from 2010 until 2014.
Aon was created in 1982, when the Ryan Insurance Group merged with the Combined Insurance Company of America. In 1987, that company was renamed Aon, a Gaelic word meaning oneness.
In January 2012, Aon announced that its headquarters would be moved to London.
Aon or AON may refer to:
- Aon (mythology), son of Poseidon in Greek mythology
- Aon (moth), a genus of moths
- Aon (trigraph), a Latin trigraph
- Aon, a composition by Jazz Pianist Harold Mabern, ca. 1968
In business and administration:
- Aon plc, an insurance corporation
- The Aon Center, the name of two buildings
- Aon Center (Chicago)
- Aon Center (Los Angeles)
Activity on node, a type of diagram in:
- Program evaluation and review technique
- Aon is the fantasy universe setting of the role-playing game Lone Wolf series
- Art of Noise, a British electronic music group
- All or none (finance), a condition to fulfil an investor's order in its entirety or cancel it
- Alton railway station, from its National Rail code
- Angolan kwanza, from its ISO currency code
- Application-oriented networking, a computer networking technology
- All-optical network, see Synchronous optical networking
- Active optical network, a form of fiber-optic communication delivery
Aon, in ancient Greek religion, was a son of Poseidon. He was worshiped particularly in Boeotia, which was also known as Aonia, named after him.
Usage examples of "aon".
One of those in Tower Two was Sean Rooney, a fifty-year-old vice president for Aon, one of the numerous insurance and financial services firms that populated the twin towers.
Aon employee Sean Rooney had just returned from the last of several futile attempts to escape to the floor above.
Many of those jumping off the 105th floor worked for Aon, a worldwide insurance and risk management company.