Crossword clues for ani
- What one dots?
- What many Latin plurals end in
- What makes Van vain?
- What makes most moist
- What makes a deal ideal?
- What helps a nose make a noise?
- What goes into your nose to make noise
- What goes in one's nose to make noise?
- What goes in nose to make noise?
- What Friday has, unlike any other day?
- What Friday has, unlike any other day of the week?
- What every infinitive in Esperanto ends with
- What every infinitive in Esperanto ends in
- What April has that no other month does
- What a "Wheel of Fortune" contestant might buy
- Waspada co-founder Idrus
- Vanna's revelation?
- Vanna turnover, perhaps
- Vanna turnover
- Vader's boyhood nickname
- Vader, in his youth
- Vader, in his boyhood
- Team's lack?
- Taking it away makes a maid mad?
- Something Vanna might reveal
- Something to buy from Sajak
- Something a Mississippi cheerleader repeatedly calls for
- Smart game-show vowel purchase for "F_LM CR_T_C"
- Singer DiFranco with the album "Up Up Up Up Up Up"
- Singer DiFranco with the album "Knuckle Down"
- Singer DiFranco with the album "¿Which Side Are You On?"
- Singer DiFranco with the 2007 album "Canon"
- Singer DiFranco who records on the Righteous Babe label
- Shmi Skywalker's son, familiarly
- Sci-fi character whose mother is Shmi
- Rocker DiFranco
- Righteous Babe Records owner DiFranco
- Righteous Babe Records mogul DiFranco
- Righteous Babe Records founder
- Righteous Babe record label founder DiFranco
- Request to Pat Sajak, sometimes
- Request of Pat Sajak
- Request from a Midwestern cheerleader, maybe
- Rachel McAdams's role on "True Detective"
- Purchase revealed by Vanna, perhaps
- Purchase from Vanna, perhaps
- Purchase from Vanna
- Partner to Alex in the jewelry business
- Padmé's on-screen love
- Padmé's love, familiarly
- Padmé's love of sci-fi
- Padme's love
- Obi-Wan's student, informally
- Nickname of a young user of the Force
- Nickname in the "Star Wars" prequels
- New World cuckoo
- Musician and label owner DiFranco
- Musical artist DiFranco
- Major-label critic DiFranco
- Maid is mad without this
- Luke's dad, informally
- Luke's Dad, for short
- Luke and Leia's dad, for short
- Lizard-eating cuckoo
- Little Vader
- Little Skywalker, to Shmi
- Little Skywalker
- Little Darth
- Little cuckoo
- Jedi Skywalker or singer DiFranco
- It's in the center of similes
- Indie mogul DiFranco
- Indie artist DiFranco
- Illinois cheerleader's frequent request
- Hangman option?
- Hangman choice
- Guitarist DiFranco
- Groove-billed blackbird
- Grackle's look-alike
- Grackle's cousin
- Folky DiFranco
- Folksy DiFranco
- Feminist icon DiFranco
- Egocentric "Wheel of Fortune" buy?
- Ebony cuckoo
- DiFranco with the double album "Living in Clip"
- DiFranco with the 2017 album "Binary"
- DiFranco with the 2008 album "Red Letter Year"
- DiFranco with the 2005 album "Knuckle Down"
- DiFranco with melodies
- DiFranco who wrote a book of poetry called "Verses"
- DiFranco who founded the Buffalo-based Righteous Babe record label
- DiFranco of music
- DiFranco of folk
- DiFranco in a studio
- Difranco fond of lowercase letters
- Defiant DiFranco
- Daw's cousin
- Darth's childhood nickname
- Darth, when he was young
- Darth, to friends
- Darth Vader's name as a boy
- Cuckoo's relative
- Cuckoo's cousin
- Cuckoo relative
- Cuckoo for crosswords?
- Crossword cuckoo
- Creator of Threepio
- Childhood nickname of Luke's father
- Certain tropical cuckoo
- Celebrity chef ___ Phyo
- C-3PO's builder, briefly
- Buy from Sajak
- Buffalo-born DiFranco
- Boyhood nickname in "Star Wars"
- Bird with a wobbly flight
- Bird of tropical America
- Big blackbird
- Bad "Wheel of Fortune" buy for NATURAL RESOURCE
- Alex and ___ (jewelry company)
- Alex and ___ (jewelry chain)
- Alex and ___ (jewelry brand)
- Acoustic strummer DiFranco
- Acoustic performer DiFranco
- 2006 Woman of Courage Award recipient DiFranco
- "Your Next Bold Move" singer DiFranco
- "Wheel" selection
- "Wheel of Fortune" vowel
- "Wheel of Fortune" gimme?
- "Wheel of Fortune" buy?
- "Wheel of Fortune" buy, maybe
- "Wheel of Fortune" buy that completes S P L _ T_ N F _ N _ T _ V E
- "Wheel ..." buy
- "Up Up Up Up Up Up" singer Di Franco
- "Up Up Up Up Up Up" DiFranco
- "To the Teeth" DiFranco
- "The Phantom Menace" nickname
- "The Phantom Menace" lad
- "Star Wars" series nickname
- "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" kid
- "Star Wars: Episode I" nickname
- "Shy" singer DiFranco
- "Reprieve" vocalist DiFranco
- "Reprieve" singer DiFranco
- "Reprieve" DiFranco
- "Red Letter Year" DiFranco
- "Puddle Dive" DiFranco
- "Pixie" singer DiFranco
- "Out of Range" DiFranco
- "O.K." singer DiFranco
- "Not So Soft" DiFranco
- "Not a Pretty Girl" DiFranco
- "My IQ" singer DiFranco
- "Kati With ___" (2010 documentary)
- "Itch" singer DiFranco
- "Grey" singer DiFranco
- "Glass House" feminist singer DiFranco who founded Righteous Babe Records
- "Give me __!": start of a Hawkeye's cheer
- "Give me __!": start of a Hawkeye cheer
- "Gimme ___..." (Idaho State cheer, maybe)
- "Gimme ___!" (start of a Hoosier cheer)
- "Gimme ___!" (Indiana cheerleaders' cry)
- "Gimme ___! Â " (Iowa State cheer)
- "Gimme ___! ..." (Iowa State cheer)
- "Evolve" DiFranco
- "Educated Guess" DiFranco
- "Dilate" singer DiFranco
- "Dilate" DiFranco
- "As Is" singer DiFranco
- "Allergic to Water" singer DiFranco
- "32 Flavors" DiFranco
- "___ ohev otach" (Hebrew for "I love you")
- 'Shy' singer DiFranco
- 'Not a Pretty Girl' singer DiFranco
- 'Joyful Girl' singer DiFranco
- 'Gimme --!' (start of a cheer at Iowa)
- 'Evolve' singer DiFranco
- 'Dilate' singer DiFranco
- ''Wheel of Fortune'' buy, perhaps
- ''The Phantom Menace'' boy
- ''Star Wars: The Phantom Menace'' boy
- ''Little Plastic Castle'' singer DiFranco
- ''Joyful Girl'' singer DiFranco
- ''Gimme ___!'' (Indiana cheerleaders' cry)
- ''Fuel'' performer DiFranco
- ___-Med (ASPCA program)
- ___ Bezzerides ("True Detective" detective played by Rachel McAdams)
- ___ and Alex
- ___ Achola (student in the Netflix series "13 Reasons Why")
- Crossword bird
- Black bird of puzzledom
- Cuckoo bird
- Tropical cuckoo
- Black cuckoo bird
- Singer DiFranco with the album Puddle Dive
- "Wheel of Fortune" buy, perhaps
- "Wheel of Fortune" request?
- Folk rock's ___ DiFranco
- "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" boy
- What makes a plan plain?
- Blackbird with drooping wings
- What gives a pose poise?
- Without this, a maid is mad
- Bird that may be groove-billed
- It goes before E except after C, sometimes
- "Gimme ___!" (start of an Iowa State cheer)
- Violinist Kavafian
- It may be dotted?
- Tropical bird
- Groove-billed ___
- Hangman choice, sometimes
- Nickname for young Skywalker
- What goes in your nose to make noise?
- First thing an Indiana cheerleader calls for
- Hangman request?
- Keel-billed bird
- "Wheel of Fortune" purchase?
- Request to Vanna White
- Nickname for the young Darth Vader
- Dotted line?
- Folk singer DiFranco
- Folk rocker DiFranco
- "Gimme ___! вЂ¦" (Iowa State cheer)
- Gracklelike bird
- Groove-billed bird of crosswords
- First thing Iowa State cheerleaders ask for?
- Young Darth Vader's nickname
- What causes Fred to be fired?
- Darth Vader's boyhood nickname
- Boyhood nickname in "The Phantom Menace"
- "Gimme ___!" (repeated cry of a University of Mississippi cheerleader)
- Young Skywalker's nickname
- Good "Wheel of Fortune" purchase for STRING BIKINI
- Spaghetti end?
- "Gimme ___!" (start of a cheer at Iowa)
- Frog-eating bird
- It may be groove-billed
- Young Skywalker, informally
- "32 Flavors" singer DiFranco
- What makes Shrek shriek?
- "Gimme ___!" (start of an Illinois cheer)
- What April has, unlike any other month?
- Purchase from Pat Sajak, perhaps
- The Skywalker boy, for short
- What Mississippi cheerleaders ask for a lot
- Darth, in his boyhood
- Vowel that's missing from "dangerously"
- "Star Wars" boy, informally
- "Gimme ___!" (start of an Iowa cheer)
- Young Darth Vader, to friends
- "Star Wars" nickname
- What makes nose noise?
- Alex and ___ (jewelry retailer)
- Threepio's first master
- April is the only month that has one
- DiFranco who created Righteous Babe Records
- "Evolve" artist DiFranco
- Darth Vader's childhood nickname
- "Star Wars" saga nickname
- Black tropical American cuckoo
- "Gimme ___! "
- What makes a chef chief?
- Witch bird
- Fla. bird
- Capital of medieval Armenia
- Little orphan bird?
- A tickbird
- ___ Kavafian, noted violinist
- "Wheel" purchase
- Crosswords' blackbird
- Cuckoo family member
- A Vanna turnover
- Road runner's cousin
- Kind of cuckoo
- Tropical black bird
- American cuckoo
- Road runner's relative
- Tropical American bird
- Savanna blackbird
- It's dotted
- Singer/songwriter DiFranco
- Keep ___ on (watch)
- "The Phantom Menace" boy, briefly
- Singer-songwriter DiFranco
- Request to Sajak
- "Fuel" performer DiFranco
- Songwriter DiFranco
- Righteous Babe Records founder DiFranco
- Young Darth's nickname
- DiFranco of song
- "The Phantom Menace" kid
- "Not a Pretty Girl" singer DiFranco
- ''Wheel of Fortune'' purchase?
- DiFranco of folk rock
- "I'd like to buy ___, Pat!"
- Vocalist DiFranco
- Punk/folk singer DiFranco
- Ms. DiFranco
- Indie rocker DiFranco
- Darth, at one time
- "Wheel of Fortune" purchase, sometimes
- "Little Plastic Castle" singer DiFranco
- "Joyful Girl" singer DiFranco
- Wheel spinner's buy
- Pop singer DiFranco
- Indiana cheerleader's request
- Game show buy
- Folk rock's DiFranco
- DiFranco of Righteous Babe Records
- Darth, as a boy
- Darth Vader, as a boy
- Alex and ___ (jewelers)
- "I'd like to buy __"
- "Harvest" singer DiFranco
- "Give me __!": start of a Hoosier cheer
- "Fuel" Singer DiFranco
- ''Wheel of Fortune'' request, perhaps
- Without one, a maid is mad
- Wheel spinner's purchase
- Wheel of Fortune request
- What's far from fair?
- What Vanna may turn over?
- What the maid lost to be mad?
- What the maid loses to be mad?
- What helps a nose make noise?
- What goes in a nose to make noise?
- Vanna turnover?
- Vader, as a boy
- Something Sajak sells
- Skywalker, to his pals
- Righteous Babe Records name
- Righteous Babe DiFranco?
- Purchase from Sajak
- Punker/folkie DiFranco
- Occasional "Wheel of Fortune" purchase
- Nickname for a young Darth Vader
- Nickname for a Skywalker in "The Phantom Menace"
- Musician DiFranco
- Musical DiFranco
- Luke and Leia's dad's nickname
- Long-tailed black cuckoo
- Little Darth Vader
- It may be dotted
- Grammy winner DiFranco
- Folkie DiFranco
- Folk artist DiFranco
- First name in feminist folk-rock
- Feminist musician DiFranco
- Feminist DiFranco
- DiFranco who founded Righteous Babe records
- Darth, as a youth
- Darth Vader's nickname as a child
- Darth Vader's nickname as a boy
- Boy in "The Phantom Menace"
- Boy in "Star Wars" prequel films
- Bird of crosswords
- Artist DiFranco
- $250 TV purchase
- "Wheel of Fortune" purchase, perhaps
- "Verses" poet DiFranco
- "Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace" boy
- "Shameless" singer DiFranco
- "Red Letter Year" singer DiFranco
- "Imperfectly" DiFranco
- "Gimme __!": start of a Hawkeye cheer
- "Gimme ___!" (Illini cheer starter, maybe)
- "Both Hands" singer DiFranco
- Young Vader, to friends
- Young Vader
- Young Skywalker
- Why a maid's not mad?
- Wheel of Fortune choice
- What Vanna might reveal?
- What the name Frances is often misspelled with
- What the maid lost to get mad?
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Ani \A"ni\or ||Ano \A"no\, n. [Native name.] (Zo["o]l.) A black bird of tropical America, the West Indies and Florida ( Crotophaga ani), allied to the cuckoos, having a compressed, bladelike bill and remarkable for communistic nesting. [1913 Webster] ||
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
black bird of the cuckoo family, 1829, from Spanish or Portuguese ani, from Tupi.
n. 1 Automatic Number Identification 2 Andaman and Nicobar Islands
n. black tropical American cuckoo
The anis are the three species of near-passerine birds in the genus Crotophaga of the cuckoo family. They are essentially tropical New World birds, although the range of two species just reaches the United States. Recent DNA evidence places them in the group Crotophaginae.
Unlike some cuckoos, the anis are not brood parasites, but nest communally, the cup nest being built by several pairs between 2–6 m high in a tree. A number of females lay their eggs in the nest and then share incubation and feeding.
The anis are large black birds with a long tail and a deep ridged black bill. Their flight is weak and wobbly, but they run well, and usually feed on the ground.
These are very gregarious species, always found in noisy groups. Anis feed on termites, large insects and even lizards and frogs. The claim that they will remove ticks and other parasites from grazing animals has been disputed; while there is no doubt that anis follow grazing animals in order to catch disturbed insects and will occasionally eat fallen ticks, there is no proof that they actively remove ticks from the animals' bodies.
Fossils of two ani species have been found from Pleistocene rocks, dated to between 1.8 million and 10,000 years ago.
Āņi is a village in Ādaži Municipality in the historical region of Vidzeme, and the Riga Planning Region in Latvia.
__NOTOC__ Ani is a ruined Armenian medieval city in today's Turkey.
Ani or ANI may also refer to:
- Ani, Akita, a town located in Kitaakita District, Akita, Japan
- Ani, Iran (disambiguation), several locations in Iran
- Āņi, a village in Ādaži Municipality, Latvia
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands, a group of islands in the Indian Ocean
- Ani (bird), birds in the genus Crotophaga of the cuckoo family
- Ani (Etruscan divinity), an Etruscan god of the sky
- Ani (letter), a letter of the Georgian alphabet
- Ani (musical), a musical parody of Star Wars
- Ani (nun), a prefix added to the name of nuns in Tibetan Buddhism
- Ani, an Egyptian deity, consort of Anit
- 791 Ani, a minor planet
- Ala (Odinani), also called Ani, an Igbo goddess
- Andi language (ISO 639 code: ani), a Northeast Caucasian language
- ANI (file format), a graphics file format used for animated cursors on the MS Windows operating system
, the intelligence agency of Chile
- Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, Risk Retention Group, the nationwide insurer in the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group
- Aniak Airport's IATA code, an airport in Alaska, U.S.
- Armenian National Institute, an organization dedicated to the research of the Armenian Genocide
- Asian News International, a regional news agency
- Athletics Norfolk Island, the governing body for athletics in Norfolk Island
- Australian National Industries, a defunct Australian heavy engineering company
- Autism Network International, an autism advocacy organization
- Automatic number identification, a telephony network feature sending the telephone number of the calling party along with the call
- Italian Nationalist Association , a defunct Italian political party
- National Alliance of Independents , a political party in Chile
Ani is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Jananne Al-Ani (born 1966), artist, born to an Iraqi father and Irish mother
- Jeremiah Ani (born 1985), Nigerian international footballer
- Kwadwo Ani, one of Ghana's premier contemporary artists
- Maret Ani (born 1982), Estonian tennis player
- Marimba Ani, anthropologist and African Studies scholar
- Michael Ani (born 1917), chairman of FEDECO in Nigeria
Ani (asomtavruli , nuskhuri , mkhedruli ა) is the 1st letter of the three Georgian scripts.
In the system of Georgian numerals it has a value of 1.
Ani commonly represents an open central unrounded vowel , like the pronunciation of in "father".
Ani is a prefix added to the name of a nun in Tibetan Buddhism. Thus, for example, the full title of a nun whose name is Pema becomes Ani Pema (akin to, for example, "Sister Anne" among Catholic nuns)
In Tibetan, the word ani also translates as aunt, which has special significance in Buddhism as the Buddha's aunt, Mahaprajapati, is said to have been the first Buddhist nun.
Concern over the status implied by the term Ani is said to have led some Vajrayana Buddhist nuns in India to prefer the prefix Cho-la (a Buddhist practitioner) or Tsun-ma (reverend lady) (see reference below).
Ani is an Armenian feminine given name given in reference to the medieval Armenian capital city of Ani. The name was among the top 10 most popular names given to newborn girls in Armenia in 2012. Means unique, beautiful and exotic.
Notable people with the name include:
- Ani Batikian (born 1982), Armenian violinist living in Scotland
- Ani Choying Dolma (born 1971), Buddhist nun and musician from the Nagi Gompa nunnery in Nepal
- Ani DiFranco (born 1970), American singer, guitarist, and songwriter
- Ani Ghukasyan, Armenian professional footballer
- Ani Idrus (1918–1999), Sumatran reporter and co-founder of Waspada daily newspaper
- Ani Kaaro (died 1901), New Zealand tribal leader and prophet
- Ani Kavafian (born 1948), classical violinist
- Ani Khachikyan (born 1991), track and field sprint athlete who competes internationally for Armenia
- Ani Lorak (born 1978), Ukrainian pop singer
- Ani Mijačika (born 1987), professional Croatian tennis player
- Ani Nyhus (born 1983), Canadian softball pitcher
- Ani Pachen (1933–2002), Tibetan Buddhist nun who led her clan in armed rebellion against China
- Ani Phyo (born 1968), organic eco chef, author, founder of SmartMonkey Foods
- Ani Takidze (born 1972), Georgian pianist
- Ani Vardanyan (born 1991), Armenian figure skater
- Ani, of the Papyrus of Ani for scribe Ani
- Ani Bogran born 2004
Ani is a play with music written by Matt Lang and Nick Lang with music by Clark Baxtresser and Pierce Siebers.
The musical parodies Star Wars. "Ani" refers to Anakin Skywalker.
The musical was performed between July 3 and August 10, 2014, at Stage 773 in Chicago, Illinois. It ran for a total of 22 performances, and was performed in repertory with The Trail to Oregon!, both being produced by StarKid Productions. The group put the entire musical up on YouTube on October 31, 2014. The musical's cast recording was released on iTunes the same day. The cast recording reached #4 on Billboard's Comedy Albums the week of November 22, 2014.
Usage examples of "ani".
I nose your onur to be a genteelman of more onur and onesty, if I ever said ani such thing, to repete it to hurt a pore servant that as alwais add thee gratest respect in thee wurld for ure onur.
The commonly associated defects are: More or less completely septate bladder, atresia ani, or more rarely double anus, double urethra, increased breadth of the bony pelvis with defect of the symphysis pubis, and possibly duplication of the lower end of the spine, and hernia of some of the abdominal contents into a perineal pouch.
Different sorts, to make aperitif, like quinquina, or digestif, like anis.
Paaker, and Ani shows himself inclined to make use of him, then say to him that I may know a secret--and I do know one, I alone--which may make the Mohar the sport of his wishes, and that I may be disposed to sell it.
Presently Ani raised his wine-cup, and drank to the happy issue of his reconnoitring-expedition, and a victorious conclusion to every struggle in which the Mohar might engage.
I have not bespoken Ani of your terrible plan, but I have warned her that Orogastus and the pirates are sailing down upon Derorguila.
I nose your onur to be a genteelman of more onur and onesty, if I ever said ani such thing, to repete it to hurt a pore servant that as alwais add thee gratest respect in thee wurld for ure onur.
Doplas, Anis Langio, Yngocelen, even the yeomen and women on duty, all crowded around to welcome the boy back.
And Thian identified the thinker of that remark as the pretty dark-haired astrogation officer, Anis Langio.
Eri and Anis both looked queryingly at Rojer who held his arms wide, mimicking Anis' expression.
The Amarna tablets, the papyrus of Ani, and the great Greek manuscript of the Odes of Bacchylides are among the valuables smuggled out of Egypt by this so-called scholar.
Ameni arrived at the palace before them, and entered the banqueting-hall just as Ani was assigning a place to each of his guests.
The Osiris Ani saith:- Hail, Phallus of Ra, which advanceth and beateth down opposition.
And the Osiris Ani is the lord to whom bowings and prostrations are made in Sekhem.
The young nephew of his wife Tuaa, the Regent Ani, who was a few years younger than Rameses, he caused to be brought up in the House of Seti, and treated him like his own son, while the other members of the dethroned royal family were robbed of their possessions or removed altogether.