Crossword clues for amu
n. atomic mass unit
As an abbreviation, AMU may refer to:
- Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, Prague, Czech republic
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
- Agency for the Modernisation of Ukraine
- African Mathematical Union
- Aix-Marseille University, Aix-en-Provence/Marseille, France
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
- American Military University, Charles Town, West Virginia
- Arab Maghreb Union
- Atomic mass unit, used to express atomic and molecular masses.
- Ave Maria University, Florida, USA
- Aviation Monetary Unit, slang amongst aircraft owners for $1,000, reflecting the high cost of ownership
- Auxiliary Memory Units
- African and Malagasy Union
- Asian Monetary Unit
- United States Army Medical Unit
- Antarctic Micronational Union
- Northern Rhodesian African Mineworkers' Union, a former Northern Rhodesian trade union
Amu may refer to:
- Amu (film), Indian film starring Konkona Sen Sharma
- Amu Hinamori, a fictional character from the manga series Shugo Chara! by Peach-Pit
- Amu Darya, a river in central Asia
Amu was the nineteenth and last pharaoh of the Hyksos Sixteenth dynasty of Egypt.
Category:Year of birth missing Category:Year of death missing
Amu is a critically acclaimed 2005 film directed by Shonali Bose, based on her own novel by the same name. It stars Konkona Sen Sharma, Brinda Karat, and Ankur Khanna. The film premiered at the Berlin Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival in 2005.
Usage examples of "amu".
Traces of Caspian Gulfs, formerly taken for old beds of the Amu, intersect the Turcoman territory.
Tifari Amu and his comrade Bizan lounged before their tent, whetting their spearheads and conversing.
Even Tifari Amu and Bizan were made welcome, for they were skilled hunters and contributed much game for the pot during our stay.
Tifari Amu shouted, and Bizan, and both of them wheeled their horses in opposite directions, seeking to draw the beast off.
Tifari Amu opined that the beast must have been ill, and sought only to gain the river.
The last one, who tried to flee, Tifari Amu slew with one of his own javelins, picking his mark through the trees and heaving a mighty cast.
THE morning, Tifari Amu and his companions were freed from imprisonment.
Tifari Amu and the others, we would have been hopelessly lost a dozen times over, wandering the highlands to catch sight of the river where it cut, deep and rushing, through gorges.
And old Shoanete listened and nodded her head in approval, watching from the corner of her yellowed eye as Tifari Amu sat modestly beside her tall granddaughter.
Tifari Amu escorted us to the very hotel in which we had first stayed, and bartered with the hotel-keeper to give us the finest suite of rooms.