Åmot is a municipality in Hedmark county, Norway. It is part of the traditional region of Østerdalen. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Rena. The parish of Aamot was established as a municipality on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt).
- redirect Åmot
Åmot may refer to:
- Åmot, a municipality in Hedmark, Norway
- Åmot, Buskerud, a village in Modum Municipality, Buskerud, Norway
- Åmot, Seljord, a village in Seljord Municipality, Telemark, Norway
- Åmot, Skien, a village in Skien Municipality, Telemark, Norway
- Åmot, Vinje, a village in Vinje Municipality, Telemark, Norway
- Åmot, Sweden, a village in Ockelbo Municipality, Sweden
- Amot. Plural for Amah, a unit of measurement found in the Bible (see Biblical and Talmudic units of measurement)
- Åmodt bro, bridge in Oslo, Norway
Åmot translates to river meet, i.e. a confluence where rivers meet.