Crossword clues for amia
The Collaborative International Dictionary
n. The bowfin, ''Amia calva''.
Amia, AMIA, or AMiA can refer to:
- Amia (genus), the Bowfin fish
- American Medical Informatics Association
- Anglican Mission in the Americas
Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina, a Jewish community center located in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- For the 1994 terrorist attack see AMIA Bombing
- Amia, name, Latin, the effeminate of the masculine Amory; translates into "beloved friend"
- Association of Moving Image Archivists
- Aviation and Maritime Investigation Authority, an agency of the government of Slovakia
- Redirect Bowfin
Category:Monotypic fish genera
Usage examples of "amia".
MEETING PLACE was in the sallows, the willow thickets down by the Amia as it ran below the smithy.
That had been their signal, summer nights, when they sneaked out to meet in the willow grove down on the banks of the Amia, when everybody else was sleeping.
That had been their signal, summer nights, when they sneaked out to meet in the willow grove, down on the banks of the Amia, when everybody else was sleeping.
Before Serena could rush back to her son, the robot found Amia Yo playing with the child on the kitchen floor.
Saturnia, several miles inland and halfway to Monte Amiata, was now just a small village beside a great stone wall, built round the hot sulphur springs which had made it a favourite spot for the Romans, who celebrated the feast of Saturnalia there.