Crossword clues for amb
n. (context palynology English) The outline of a spore or pollen grain, as seen in a polar view.
AMB may refer to:
- Active magnetic bearing
- Advanced Memory Buffer, used in Fully Buffered DIMM memory
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, one of the armed sections of the Palestinian Fatah movement
- Ambergate railway station, abbreviation used in the (UK) National Rail code
- Ambilobe Airport, an airport serving Ambilobe, a city in the Antsiranana province in Madagascar by IATA airport code
- American Medical Bureau, a humanitarian institution operating during the Spanish Civil War
- Amphotericin B, an anti-fungal drug
- Axe Murder Boyz, a two-man rap group Otis & Bonez Dubb
Amb may refer to:
- Amb (Dadyal), a town in the Azad Kashmir territory, Pakistan
- Amb (princely state), a region in the former Indian Empire
- Amb, India, a town of the Himachal Pradesh State, India
- Amb, Pakistan, a village in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan
- An abbreviation for Ambassador
- Amb special form, a nondeterministic programming construct
Amb was a princely state of the former British Indian Empire ruled over by the Tanoli tribe. Following Pakistani independence in 1947, and for some months afterwards, Amb's Nawab remained unaligned. However, at the end of December 1947 he acceded to Pakistan, while retaining internal self-government. Amb continued as a Princely state of Pakistan until 1969, when it was incorporated into North West Frontier Province (now Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa).
In 1972, recognition of the royal status of the Nawab was ended by the Government of Pakistan.
Amb is a town in the Dadyal tehsil of Mirpur District of Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It has a mosque which was built in the 1980s. It also has a beach and mountains. The River Punch runs through Amb and most of Dadyal.
Usage examples of "amb".
Other ships began to arrive, sent by the priests of Amb and Ov, or by chance, or by the Hand of the Goddess.
Lot's an amb itious man, he'd not dangle after a bastard when there was a true-born princ ess to be had.