Crossword clues for akiva
Akiva was the Judean religious leader Rabbi Akiva (c. 50 – c. 135 CE).
Akiva also may refer to:
- Akiva (given name)
- Yeshivat Akiva, religious school
Akiva or Akiba is a Jewish-ethnic name, arising in Aramaic from , and thus cognate to English Jacob.
Among Jews, "Ya'akov" and "Akiva" - though essentially variants of the same name - are treated as completely separate, arousing different historical and religious associations: the one recalls the Biblical Patriarch Jacob, the other relates to the Roman period Rabbi Akiva.
Those bearing it include:
- Rabbi Akiva (c. 50 – c. 135 CE), Judean religious leader
- Akiva Eger (1761–1837), central European religious leader
- Akiva Ehrenfeld (1923–2012), president of Kiryat Mattersdorf, Jerusalem
- Akiva Librecht (1876–1958), Israeli politician
- Akiva Govrin (1902–1980), Israeli politician
- Akiva Vroman (1912–1989), Israeli geologist
- Akiva Yaglom (1921–2007), Soviet & Russian scientist
- Akiva Orr (born 1931), Israeli writer & political
- Akiva Nof (born 1936), Israeli politician & songwriter
- Akiva Eldar (born 1945), Israeli journalist and author
- Akiva Goldsman (born 1962), American writer
- Akiva Tatz (fl. c. 2000), a South African religious leader & writer
- Akiva Grunblatt ( fl. 2000s), American religious leader
- Akiva Schaffer (born 1977), American writer & comedian