n. (surname: from=given names)
Aikin is an English surname, and may apply to:
John Aikin (Unitarian) (1713–1780), English Unitarian scholar and theological tutor, closely associated with Warrington Academy, father of Anna and John
- Anna Aikin (1743–1825), better known as Anna Laetitia Barbauld, a woman of letters who published in many genres
John Aikin (1747–1822), British physician, father of Arthur and Lucy
- Lucy Aikin (1781–1864), British writer, particularly of history
- Arthur Aikin (1773–1854), English chemist, mineralogist and scientific writer
- Jesse B. Aikin (1808–1900), American musician
- Laura Aikin, American soprano
Usage examples of "aikin".
Jim Aikin, which appeared in our November 1984 issue, and which some readers objected to strenuously.