abbr. 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodrome%20Flight%20Information%20Service 2 Airborne Flight Information System, an avionics system proprietary to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell%20Aerospace 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American%20Forces%20Information%20Service 4 automated fingerprint identification system, more specifically, the U.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated%20Automated%20Fingerprint%20Identification%20System 5 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight%20information%20service
AFIS can refer to:
- Advanced Fire Information System
- Aerodrome Flight Information Service
- Airborne Flight Information System, an avionics system proprietary to Honeywell Aerospace
- American Forces Information Service
- Association française pour l'information scientifique, a French skeptical organisation
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System (disambiguation)
- Automatic Flight Information Service
- Amministrazione Fiduciaria Italiana della Somalia (Italian Administration of Somalia) United Nations Trust Territory
Usage examples of "afis".
Other rooms in Vander's domain housed the Automatic Fingerprints Identification System known as AFIS, and darkrooms for digital audio and video enhancement.
You've got someone's, prints and SID number in AFIS, but there's no name or other personal identifiers to match him up with.