Crossword clues for aegle
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Aegle is the name of several different figures in Greek mythology:
- Aegle, one of the daughters of Asclepius by Epione, according to the Suda or by Lampetia, the daughter of the Sun, according to Hermippus,. Her name is said to have derived from "Αἴγλη" ("Aegle"), meaning "Brightness," or "Splendor," either from the beauty of the human body when in good health, or from the honor paid to the medical profession.
- Aegle, the most beautiful of the Naiads, daughter of Zeus and Neaera, by whom Helios begot the Charites.
- Aegle, one of the Heliades, a sister of Phaeton, and daughter of Helios and Clymene. In her grief at the death of her brother she and her sisters were changed into poplars.
- Aegle, one of the Hesperides.
- Aegle, daughter of Panopeus, who was beloved by Theseus, and for whom he forsook Ariadne.
- redirect Aegle marmelos
Category:Monotypic Rutaceae genera
Aegle may refer to:
- Aegle (mythology), a number of characters from Greek mythology
- 96 Aegle, an asteroid
- Aegle (plant), a genus of plants in the family Rutaceae
- Aegle (moth), a genus of moths in the family Noctuidae
Usage examples of "aegle".
Our tutors quickly explained to both of us that the three Hesperides were women, or perhaps nymphs, named Hespere, Aegle, and Erytheis.
Some of their names were Aegilae, Aegle, Lamethusa, Lampetia, and Phatusa.
And make him with fair Aegles break his faith, With Ariadne and Antiopa?
And make him with fair AEgle break his faith, With Ariadne and Antiopa?