Crossword clues for aeg
''Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft AG'' (AEG) ( German: "General electricity company") was founded as Deutsche Edison-Gesellschaft für angewandte Elektricität in 1883 in Berlin by Emil Rathenau and was a German producer of electrical equipment. After World War II Headquarters moved to Frankfurt am Main.
In 1967 AEG joined with its subsidiary Telefunken AG creating Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft AEG-Telefunken. In 1985 Daimler-Benz purchased the AEG-Telefunken Aktiengesellschaft, which was renamed to AEG Aktiengesellschaft and wholly integrated the company in 1996 into Daimler-Benz AG (1998: DaimlerChrysler). The remains of AEG became part of Adtranz and Deutsche Aerospace (1998: DASA, today EADS).
After acquiring the household subsidiary AEG Hausgeräte GmbH of AEG in 1994, in 2005 Electrolux obtained the rights to the brand name AEG, which it now uses on some of its products. The AEG name is also licensed to various brand partners under the Electrolux Global Brand Licensing programme.
The initials AEG are used for:
- Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists
- Alderac Entertainment Group, an American game publisher
Allgemeine Elektrizitäts-Gesellschaft (General Electricity Company), former German electrical manufacturer
- The AEG brand is licensed to several companies: AEG#The AEG brand today
- Anschutz Entertainment Group, an American entertainment company
- Automatic Electric Guns, a type of Airsoft gun
- Arctic Equestrian Games, an annual horse show held in Norway
- Double Eagle II Airport, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, FAA LID: AEG)
- Aek Godang Airport, Padang Sidempuan, Indonesia, IATA code
- N-(2-aminoethyl)glycine, a backbone molecule of peptide nucleic acids.
Category:Three-letter disambiguation pages